Author Topic: Bug report  (Read 577023 times)

Offline Symphonic Addict

• Veteran member
Re: Bug report
« Reply #1600 on: June 08, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »
The site went down for a while. Fortunately all is good now.
«Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music.»

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1601 on: June 08, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
I've had increasing problems over the last few days. If I try to post a message I get a 'this page isn't working at the moment' message and then, if I try again, it usually works fine. This evening I couldn't access the site at all but seems ok now.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
« Reply #1602 on: June 09, 2021, 11:48:16 PM »
This morning about 100 old messages came in, all in one go, blimey....still no connection to the live situation, so I guess I' ll wait for the next 100, one day there must be a connection between the emails and the posted messages....I hope!
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
« Reply #1603 on: June 10, 2021, 06:39:25 AM »
Again today a hundred old mails from GMG, the last was from Karl, with Myaskovsky's sinfonietta and Divertissement, and that was pretty far back if I remember well. Still no connection to what was posted today.
I hope It will, before I leave this world for good. :)

This was the last post

he text of the reply is shown below:
First-Listen Friday meets Myaskovsky Madness!

Myaskovsky
Sinfonietta in b minor, Op. 32 № 2
Divertissement, Op. 80
Svetlanov & al.

After the tremendous impact of this album's opener, the tone-poem Silence, I found the Sinfonietta something of a disappointingly dutiful listen. It dates from the same year (1929) in which Prokofiev made the final revision to his own Sinfonietta (first composed in 1909 (the year before Myaskovsky completed Silence)

The three movements of Myaskovsky's Sinfonietta are:
1. Allegro, piccante e serioso
2. Andante
3. Presto

The five movements of the Prokofiev are:

1. Allegro giocoso
2. Andante
3. Intermezzo: Vivace
4. Scherzo: Allegro risoluto
5. Allegro giocoso

The difference in character can be summed up in the contrasting descriptors for the respective first movements: serioso and giocoso.

Without wishing to flog the Myaskovsky piece for not being Prokofiev's ... the central fact for me is that the tone of Myaskovsky's work is peculiarly lugubrious for a piece designated a Sinfonietta.  In my first hearing, I was not conscious of the third movement Presto casting off the gloom much.  I shall go back to the piece, in hopes that the fog may clear (we might say)
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #1604 on: June 11, 2021, 02:32:18 AM »
Is anyone else here finding the site to currently be very slow?  Finding it taking a very long time to go to the next page of a thread plus long time to post something too.  Perhaps site maintenance going on?  Or maybe just internet use in my area?

PD

Offline (: premont :)

• Veteran member
« Reply #1605 on: June 11, 2021, 03:16:36 AM »
Is anyone else here finding the site to currently be very slow?  Finding it taking a very long time to go to the next page of a thread plus long time to post something too.  Perhaps site maintenance going on?  Or maybe just internet use in my area?

PD

Intermittently in my area too (Scandinavia).
As soon as a word has left the lips, not even the fastest horse can catch up with it.

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1606 on: June 13, 2021, 09:54:49 AM »

PD
See my message above Harry's PD.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #1607 on: June 14, 2021, 03:16:25 AM »
See my message above Harry's PD.
Wonder how much of this is due to so many people using their computers more due to either working or studying from home?

PD

Offline Spotted Horses

• Formerly Baron Scarpia
« Reply #1608 on: June 14, 2021, 10:39:08 PM »
People get hundreds of emails from this site? How does that happen? I get the occasional notice when someone sends me a PM. Does this cascade of emails come if you hit the "notify" button I see in various pages on this site? I have to be careful never to click it.