Author Topic: Bug report  (Read 577330 times)

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
Re: Bug report
« Reply #1580 on: May 13, 2021, 03:33:55 AM »
Seems to be all good for me now. I will know more later.

No, definitely not getting instant notifications of PMs.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
« Reply #1581 on: May 13, 2021, 05:25:59 AM »
No, definitely not getting instant notifications of PMs.

Told ya :)
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #1582 on: May 17, 2021, 10:46:02 PM »
Its rather disconcerting that the notifications are still gone. It feels like loosing connection with GMG, and that somehow pains me enormously. Rob...where are you?
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #1583 on: May 18, 2021, 12:31:05 AM »
But guys, guys... Instead of checking your e-mail for notifications about GMG which might or might not come, wouldn't it be faster and safer to check GMG directly? Just saying.  :)
What is Music? How do you define it? Music is a calm moonlit night, the rustle of leaves in Summer. Music is the far off peal of bells at dusk! Music comes straight from the heart and talks only to the heart: it is Love!  --- Rachmaninoff

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #1584 on: May 18, 2021, 03:53:07 AM »
No, not faster Andrei, if one is not constantly logged on to GMG.

This may also sound like total heresy but one does not always feel inclined to log on if one does not want to or need to.

Am I expelled now?  ;D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #1585 on: May 18, 2021, 04:10:07 AM »
No, not faster Andrei, if one is not constantly logged on to GMG.

This may also sound like total heresy but one does not always feel inclined to log on if one does not want to or need to.

I can't imagine a devout GMGer not being permanently logged in. Brethren, beware, wolves in sheep clothes have infiltrated this place!  >:D :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:17:19 AM by Florestan »
What is Music? How do you define it? Music is a calm moonlit night, the rustle of leaves in Summer. Music is the far off peal of bells at dusk! Music comes straight from the heart and talks only to the heart: it is Love!  --- Rachmaninoff

Offline OrchestralNut

• Veteran member
  • Sergey Ivanovich Taneyev (1856-1915)
« Reply #1586 on: May 18, 2021, 04:11:50 AM »
I can't imagine a devout GMGer not being permanently logged in. Brethrens, beware, wolves in sheep clothes have infiltrated this place!  >:D :P

I'm never logged out, even if I take a year's hiatus.  :laugh:

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #1587 on: May 18, 2021, 04:18:03 AM »

Precisely.  :laugh:

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #1588 on: May 18, 2021, 05:25:50 AM »

Precisely.  :laugh:

Fanatics  >:D  ;D

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #1589 on: May 18, 2021, 05:26:53 AM »
Anyway, I am still getting notifications.......it is just that they are about 3 to 5 days late.

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1590 on: May 19, 2021, 07:03:03 AM »
Anyway, I am still getting notifications.......it is just that they are about 3 to 5 days late.
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #1591 on: May 21, 2021, 04:15:30 AM »

As said before I do not get notifications anymore, not even one letter, comma or exclamations. As dry as the desert.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Dmitri Shostakovich (1906 - 1975)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Harrowing cries from across a war-torn landscape
« Reply #1592 on: May 24, 2021, 06:02:14 AM »
I can't imagine a devout GMGer not being permanently logged in. Brethren, beware, wolves in sheep clothes have infiltrated this place!  >:D :P

I’m always logged in unless I erase my internet history and then everything has been reset to where I have to log back in. It’s just easier to stay logged in, especially if you make frequent posts or visits to the forum.
“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.” - Dmitri Shostakovich

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #1593 on: May 27, 2021, 08:41:35 AM »
I’m always logged in unless I erase my internet history and then everything has been reset to where I have to log back in. It’s just easier to stay logged in, especially if you make frequent posts or visits to the forum.

Yep.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #1594 on: June 04, 2021, 03:03:44 AM »
I got today two notification from GMG, several weeks old, on my old email address, which I changed and was validated by Que. The software clearly did not take that as a change. The new email box stays empty, O well, hopefully Rob is able to fix this issue before long......
I dare not to change the email to my old one again, for fear I might get stuck in the middle! :o

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #1595 on: June 04, 2021, 03:22:01 AM »
I still get email messages telling me that I have received a PM which turn out to be several weeks late - although this is no big deal.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline OrchestralNut

• Veteran member
  • Sergey Ivanovich Taneyev (1856-1915)
« Reply #1596 on: June 04, 2021, 03:48:27 AM »
I am getting the same issue, although not a big deal:  Receiving email notifications for old private messages, from last week.

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #1597 on: June 04, 2021, 04:41:28 AM »
I also got lots of old notifications from weeks of backlog but I also got one live one today  :o

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #1598 on: June 04, 2021, 05:30:53 AM »
Only very old messages in my email.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #1599 on: June 07, 2021, 03:44:17 AM »
The messages stream in my mail, lots of them, but only old ones. I think there may be many in the pipeline yet, because there is still no connection to the present day!