Main Menu

NFL Chat

Started by Brahmsian, December 13, 2009, 08:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ando

Only two matches really interest me today; the Raven-Browns game, featuring the former Giants WR, Odell Beckham Jr., who just scored on a 40 yard endzone catch and run; 24-9, Baltimore...

and the Giants-Cowboys game. I predict a fairly handy Cowboys victory unless third stringer QB, Tommy Devito, the first rookie free agent to start for the Giants, can pull out a miracle in Dallas.  :)

vers la flamme

Quote from: ando on November 12, 2023, 11:17:26 AMand the Giants-Cowboys game. I predict a fairly handy Cowboys victory unless third stringer QB, Tommy Devito, the first rookie free agent to start for the Giants, can pull out a miracle in Dallas.  :)

I'm afraid to even watch that game. Hopefully Devito has learned to start completing passes because we might be stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Green Bay-Pittsburgh game has been good so far. It's been a super close game the whole time, with a couple of really nice TD passes by GB QB Jordan Love. It would be tied right now if a Steeler hadn't blocked a PAT on the second GB touchdown in the first half; Steelers lead by a point.

ando

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 12, 2023, 11:26:22 AMI'm afraid to even watch that game. Hopefully Devito has learned to start completing passes because we might be stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Green Bay-Pittsburgh game has been good so far. It's been a super close game the whole time, with a couple of really nice TD passes by GB QB Jordan Love. It would be tied right now if a Steeler hadn't blocked a PAT on the second GB touchdown in the first half; Steelers lead by a point.
Think you're right about the long term stint with Devito.

Always liked Love. Course, Steelers are faves. Might check out that finish. Thanks.

Browns D has brought the game back within rage for Cleveland with their cornerback, Gregory Newsome II's pick and endzone run off Ravens QB, Jackson. 31-30, Baltimore.

ando

Who's Game of the Week?  :laugh:

ando

Wow. Browns came back and won it with a field goal, 33-31.

Stunner. Their D is nothing to sneeze at, apparently.

vers la flamme

Quote from: ando on November 12, 2023, 12:32:44 PMWow. Browns came back and won it with a field goal, 33-31.

Stunner. Their D is nothing to sneeze at, apparently.

Not a Browns fan but that comeback and game winning FG was so cool to watch.

Great red zone defense from the Giants in that first drive from Dallas, which was some super impressive offense until they made first and goal. Turnover on downs at the one. Edit: of course it ends in a punt, but not a bad one considering.

ando

Dare I even peek on the Jets?  :D

Edit: gonna be that kinda game.

vers la flamme

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 12, 2023, 12:39:55 PMNot a Browns fan but that comeback and game winning FG was so cool to watch.

Great red zone defense from the Giants in that first drive from Dallas, which was some super impressive offense until they made first and goal. Turnover on downs at the one. Edit: of course it ends in a punt, but not a bad one considering.

Giants were killed of course, but at least Devito threw a couple of TD passes. Maybe he is getting a bit better.

ando

Looking forward to Allen and the Bills tonight. Haven't watched the Russell Wilson helmed Broncos all year. Apparently Wilson hasn't thrown for over 200 yards in any of the last five games. Should be interesting.

ando

Not surprised at all by last night's flummox at Orchard Park. And it certainly WAS interesting.

ando

Ravens-Bengals match on Prime Video tonight. Should be a good one.

vers la flamme

Think I'll be tuning in for at least some of it. Both teams have been fun to watch this year.

ando

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 16, 2023, 02:27:25 PMThink I'll be tuning in for at least some of it. Both teams have been fun to watch this year.

Once Burrow left injured it was no longer a contest. Too bad.

vers la flamme

Quote from: ando on November 16, 2023, 06:52:40 PM

Once Burrow left injured it was no longer a contest. Too bad.

Looking like he may be down for the season unfortunately with a torn ligament. Damn.

ando

Wasn't expecting much but DeVito is certainly showing promise with 2 TDs (Barkley and Slayton, receivers) so far in the first half despite being sacked 5 times (and narrowly evading one). 14-3, Giants late 2nd.

vers la flamme

Quote from: ando on November 19, 2023, 10:17:08 AM
Wasn't expecting much but DeVito is certainly showing promise with 2 TDs (Barkley and Slayton, receivers) so far in the first half despite being sacked 5 times (and narrowly evading one). 14-3, Giants late 2nd.

I have no idea how DeVito pulled off a win like that despite a ridiculous amount of sacks, but I'll take it ;D

ando

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 19, 2023, 05:01:04 PMI have no idea how DeVito pulled off a win like that despite a ridiculous amount of sacks, but I'll take it ;D
Yeah; didn't see the second half but it looks like it was more of the same.

ando

Ok, obviously tonight's match is game of the week. Gonna be a test for them Birdz at Arrowhead. Should be fun, at any rate. Go Eagles!!

vers la flamme

Quote from: ando on November 20, 2023, 02:59:32 PMOk, obviously tonight's match is game of the week. Gonna be a test for them Birdz at Arrowhead. Should be fun, at any rate. Go Eagles!!

Your Birds really shut down the Chiefs in the second half. Good game.

ando

Quote from: vers la flamme on November 21, 2023, 08:57:32 AMYour Birds really shut down the Chiefs in the second half. Good game.
Defensive gem, but often frustratingly bad offense on both sides. Like the breakdowns on Stephen A.'s show -

but Richard Sherman and Keyshawn Johnson setting Skip Bayless straight on KC is even better: