The Back Room > The Diner

Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

(1/328) > >>

snyprrr:
The mailbox mocks me.

One item hasn't shown for a month, one was cancelled w/o my knowledge, one is taking...A WHOLE 8 DAYS!!! so far,...arrrghhhh...ahhh,... my poor, spoiled...

JUST when I thought I was out,...they pull you right back in!!! :-\ (crack'd actor)

If I don't find the perfect Haydn Op.20 in the next few days, I'm gonna...

ah...

ahhh...

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

I am so close to having the perfect record collection, but it always seems that I'm "just a few away", hahahaha,.... just a few away, hey, that's a good one!

Last year, I was sooo over it all, and then I got myself into this Classical Era thing, and now I'm desperately trying to satisfy that insatiable part of me, trying to coax it to sleep with a couple of really good buys that will keep me going for a good long while.

Oh, why did I give the mailman the keys to my heart? :'( You should see how I've built my life in the last few weeks around going to the mailbox, still in the robe, only to fall to my knees with arms outstretched to Heaven, screaming, Nooooo!!!

What happens when you've "heard it all"? Do you then just find favorite pieces to get endless versions of? Is...there...any...hope? :'( :'( :'(

All my money is no good now. I can't possibly get anything in time for my meltdown. I WANT STUFF NNNNNOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!

THE TWELVE STEPS OF CDCDCD:
1) We realized we were powerless over New Releases and hopelessly out-of-print cds, and our lives had become unmanageable.

2) Came to believe that a Bank Account greater than ours could restore us to sanity.

3) Made a decision to turn our Paypal Account and free-time over to the care of Ebay,...er...God, AS WE UNDERSTOOD HIM (husbands, you know who this is!).

4) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our collection.

5)Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another GMG member, the exact nature of our ridiculous buying habits.

6) Were entirely ready to have God remove all of our bad cds.

7) Humbly asked Him to remove those same cds.

8) Made a list of all the persons we have harmed with our collecting (husbands,...again).

9) Made direct amends to those we had harmed (did you forget to leave Feedback???).

10) Continued to take our inventory, and promptly called out bad recordings even if they used to be our favorites.

11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with all New Release bulletins and OOP retailers, praying only that we will not feel the need to buy the next "Fifth".

12) Having HAD a spiritual awakening through the application of these steps, we tried to carry the message to other Sufferers of CDCDCD.

Come on, br-other, and receive the anointing!

MN Dave:
Chill, dude.  8)

Que:

--- Quote from: snyprrr on December 17, 2009, 12:48:08 PM ---
What happens when you've "heard it all"? Do you then just find favorite pieces to get endless versions of? Is...there...any...hope? :'( :'( :'(

--- End quote ---

No, the bad news is - or rather.... the GOOD news  ;D - that you never heard it all. There is always a new musical infatuation just around the corner. 8)

Q

secondwind:

--- Quote from: Que on December 17, 2009, 01:42:22 PM ---No, the bad news is - or rather.... the GOOD news  ;D - that you never heard it all. There is always a new musical infatuation just around the corner. 8)

Q

--- End quote ---
And new music constantly being written. . . just think, an unending supply!  A compulsive collector's paradise!

vandermolen:
As a long term sufferer from OCCDCD (Obsessive-Compulsive CD Collecting Disorder) it is my melancholy duty to confirm that the situation is hopeless (22 CDs of Walton's First Symphony  :o, but still looking for that, elusive, 'perfect recording').

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version