Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Coopmv

Quote from: Bunny on February 10, 2010, 11:35:42 AM
I have a double addiction, but at least the cds take up less room than the shoes.

I am sure Imelda Marcos has a lot more shoes than she does CD's ...     ;D

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Bunny

Quote from: vandermolen on January 30, 2010, 11:28:39 AM
One of my work colleagues is also a 'CD nutter' (as we say in the UK). Sometime back a friend of his wife's split up from her partner and when speaking to my colleague about her ex-partner's many faults said:

And, do you know, he even bought ONE CD A MONTH! ( :o :o :o)

My colleague had to go along with it, saying something like:

'Goodness me that's absolutely terrible  ::)'

Made me laugh.

Clearly she was shocked by his inability to buy more.  Damn cheeseparer, I'd probably have left him too.
:o 8) :P

Bunny

Quote from: Coopmv on February 13, 2010, 10:22:01 AM
I am sure Imelda Marcos has a lot more shoes than she does CD's ...     ;D

Imelda Marcos is the patron saint of cobblers.

My husband prefers when I spend money on cds because it's just so much less expensive to buy a Beethoven cycle than a couple of pairs of shoes by Jimmy Chou, Christian Laboutin, or Manolo Blahnik (the deity).  And let's not even think of the handbags...

snyprrr

ok,... it's the end of March.

I just updated my 'feedback' at Amazon. OH MYYY!!,... have I been busy, haha. WOAH!!

HYPERVENTILATION-MASK

Ever since I bought that last String Quartet cd that 'cleared the table' of any longstanding holdouts on 'The List', I have gotten on a piano and brass kick that threatens my stability.

I am feverishly trying to buy anything that pops into my head, until all reserves have been drained. I am getting ready to go back to the bank to deposit more money. :P

Thankfully, I have not yet stooped to buying 'that' lost cd on Amazon for $60 (yes, for one disc!).

If I can just get that last disc, I'll be ok. ???

I'll be ok...

I'll be ok...

I'll be ok...

I know there's someone else out there who has 'relapsed' recently. Come on brother (or sister), confess and forsake your sins and ye shall be free...free...FREE!!

Opus106

Quote from: snyprrr on March 30, 2010, 11:51:19 AM
Thankfully, I have not yet stooped to buying 'that' lost cd on Amazon for $60 (yes, for one disc!).

Sissy! :P
Regards,
Navneeth

MN Dave

snyprrr

I now have 8 cds in the mail.

...snort...

...sniff......

My friends say that ever since I got my last string quartet cd, and started on this piano + brass kick, I've been acting like an asshole. They say they want me to start listening to SQs again. ;)

mc ukrneal

Quote from: snyprrr on March 30, 2010, 09:43:41 PM
I now have 8 cds in the mail.

...snort...

...sniff......

My friends say that ever since I got my last string quartet cd, and started on this piano + brass kick, I've been acting like an asshole. They say they want me to start listening to SQs again. ;)

Perhaps you can't handle the brass (Jack Nicholson's voice there)!  >:D
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

vandermolen

Listen to this - I have a good friend and former work colleague who is also a compulsive CD purchaser. His young daughter intercepts the packages (often boxed sets etc) and replaces the contents with old CDs from his collection, and then she perfectly seals up the package, so he wont notice anything fishy and watches his reaction when he opens the package! In the meantime SHE HAS HIDDEN THE NEW CDs  :o Isn't that EVIL?  >:D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

MN Dave

Quote from: vandermolen on March 31, 2010, 12:39:15 PM
Listen to this - I have a good friend and former work colleague who is also a compulsive CD purchaser. His young daughter intercepts the packages (often boxed sets etc) and replaces the contents with old CDs from his collection, and then she perfectly seals up the package, so he wont notice anything fishy and watches his reaction when he opens the package! In the meantime SHE HAS HIDDEN THE NEW CDs  :o Isn't that EVIL?  >:D

Well, it's weird anyway.

offbeat

perhaps his daughter is testing him to see if he notices the difference  :P

snyprrr

Then why am I laughing so hard? :P :-* ;D

vandermolen

Quote from: snyprrr on April 01, 2010, 10:44:17 PM
Then why am I laughing so hard? :P :-* ;D

Because it is very funny and also imaginative of my friend's daughter - he told me the story with considerable amusement. When he buys new CDs and is in the car she also grabs them and dangles them out of the window, threatening to throw them out.

knight66

Looks like the compulsion is in the genes, along with one or two others.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

snyprrr

I have made it through this latest avalanche of buying frenzy. I'm back to where I was at the turn of 2010, not able to think of anything truly exciting. Things like Stephen Hough's 'Piano Album' come to mind, so, you see where I'm at. It's a GOOD place!

Now that I got the entire Library out of storage, I've had the chance to go through the whole thing, and, lo and behold, I must have been a good and thorough collector in the past. I got this. I got that. I got what I set out to get. Now I'm in the 'it's a cream from here' phase, where I can try newbies at will, knowing that my standard rep is covered.

Yes, addiction is a complicated business!

Que

And every new discovery will lead to new purchases, your collection addiction will grow exponentially... 8)  ;)

Q

OzRadio

I haven't bought a cd since the beginning of February, over two full months now.  :o

knight66

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.