Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 05, 2011, 02:01:57 AM
Abeille Musique?  :)

Yes, the sale starts at 12 January, for all concerned!  I am saving my pennies.

Scarpia

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 05, 2011, 02:01:57 AM
Abeille Musique?  :)

I ordered my Simpson symphony set from an Amazon Marketplace reseller called FabulousCD, but when it shipped, the invoice came from Abeille Musique.  They work in mysterious ways.   Anyway, preparing, in case the insanity is anything like last year.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Harry on January 05, 2011, 03:05:48 AM

Great news! Although slightly disturbing...

Harry

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 05, 2011, 06:48:27 AM
Great news! Although slightly disturbing...

Nah, if you see what has been released in 2010, it will not be that much as 2009, I think I ordered then over 300 CD'S with them ;D
I expect it to be lower this year

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Scarpia on January 05, 2011, 06:45:21 AM
I ordered my Simpson symphony set from an Amazon Marketplace reseller called FabulousCD, but when it shipped, the invoice came from Abeille Musique.  They work in mysterious ways.   Anyway, preparing, in case the insanity is anything like last year.

It's curious, one week ago I almost ordered one disc from the same AMP seller. It was the Haydn Op. 9 by the Festetics, recorded on Hungaroton ten years before their second recording of the same opus on Arcana.

snyprrr

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 05, 2011, 12:09:06 AM

I suppose $35 (plus shipping and handling from Taiwan) for the Seven Last Words played by the Festetics, it would be acceptable, Dr. snyprrr?  :-\

Hmmm, let me check the calculations...

Pretending that shipping from Taiwan is at least the same as Germany ::), let's say that brings the initial cost to $27.

WE DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING IN OUR CALCULATIONS!

If we then pretend that we paid taxes on it, that brings the initial cost to @$24.50.

$24.50 isn't to far from my 'magic number' of $19.99, the standard price for imports in 1993. This number isn't a 'limit', but more of a guidestone for proper accounting.

Let me ask you: what was your sweat/hyperventilation ratio as you were going through the process of ordering this cd? Is this at the low end or high end of your limit?

Plus, you DO get extra points for ordering from Taiwan (huh?), so, go ahead and shave another 2.5% from the initial cost, and pat yourself on the back.

For the rest of the class, let me offer Antoine here as an example of risky behaviour that has payed off. I probably can't recommend this kind of ordering for everybody, but you have shown here that you know how to take a risk without totally going overboard. Had it been $65, I would have rung the Warning Bell.

I fear Gurn hasn't learned what you have. Would you like to be his Sponsor?

I have one cd out the for @37.50 on amazon, but simply cannot justify the cost. German amazon has it for 15eu,... and here is an important stipulation,... GERMAN SHIPPING DOES COUNT AS INITIAL COST!!! So, this cd would be 15eu + 12-14eu, so, even that isn't really worth it. Oy!

CDCDCD is a disease! (as we can see from Gurn's twitching) These 'suggestions' are only there for YOUR sanity!! I am here, ready to take you into my bosom, should you come weeping. Come here baby, tell it to momma...

snyprrr

Quote from: Harry on January 05, 2011, 03:05:48 AM

JUST SAY NO! :'(

karlhenning

Quote from: snyprrr on January 05, 2011, 07:32:38 AM
Hmmm, let me check the calculations...

Pretending that shipping from Taiwan is at least the same as Germany ::), let's say that brings the initial cost to $27.

WE DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING IN OUR CALCULATIONS!

If we then pretend that we paid taxes on it, that brings the initial cost to @$24.50.

$24.50 isn't to far from my 'magic number' of $19.99, the standard price for imports in 1993. This number isn't a 'limit', but more of a guidestone for proper accounting.

Let me ask you: what was your sweat/hyperventilation ratio as you were going through the process of ordering this cd? Is this at the low end or high end of your limit?

Plus, you DO get extra points for ordering from Taiwan (huh?), so, go ahead and shave another 2.5% from the initial cost, and pat yourself on the back.

For the rest of the class, let me offer Antoine here as an example of risky behaviour that has payed off. I probably can't recommend this kind of ordering for everybody, but you have shown here that you know how to take a risk without totally going overboard. Had it been $65, I would have rung the Warning Bell.

I fear Gurn hasn't learned what you have. Would you like to be his Sponsor?

I have one cd out the for @37.50 on amazon, but simply cannot justify the cost. German amazon has it for 15eu,... and here is an important stipulation,... GERMAN SHIPPING DOES COUNT AS INITIAL COST!!! So, this cd would be 15eu + 12-14eu, so, even that isn't really worth it. Oy!

CDCDCD is a disease! (as we can see from Gurn's twitching) These 'suggestions' are only there for YOUR sanity!! I am here, ready to take you into my bosom, should you come weeping. Come here baby, tell it to momma...

You see Gurn's twitching? . . .

snyprrr

Abielle Musique?

Do you see how they stand on their corners, alluring the innocent young man? Come, they say, look at my wares! See how I have all these sweet bargains for you.

Run! Run away!! They only want your money. They don't love you. You need to settle down, with ONE seller that you trust. Don't play the field like this, hopping from one sale to another, and then feeling empty at the end of the day.

Look,...there goes one now...

Harry

snyprrr

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 05, 2011, 07:35:23 AM
You see Gurn's twitching? . . .

"I behold your Order from afar".

And you Karl,... I sense you scheming for a major cash dump here shortly, no? Or, are you in denial? You know you're going to do it.

Do it!

Do it!

Do it!

ok, that was just a little fake egging, just to see how weak you are...

Karl?

Karl?

Where'd he go? ???

snyprrr

karlhenning

Quote from: snyprrr on January 05, 2011, 07:41:42 AM
"I behold your Order from afar".

And you Karl,... I sense you scheming for a major cash dump here shortly, no? Or, are you in denial? You know you're going to do it.

I'm letting Santa this Amazon gift card carry the load . . . .

snyprrr

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 05, 2011, 08:08:09 AM
I'm letting Santa this Amazon gift card carry the load . . . .

ok, everyone....

Karl has picked up what's known as an ENABLER!!!! These are loved ones who feel sorry for our degeneration, but are unwilling to make a clear intervention, and so they, through their misguided love, actually make the situation worse by lulling us into a false sense of security through the means of gift cards and such.

I guarantee you will spend MORE than the gift card, not less! I still have about $.15 on this Borders card,... would you believe the convesation going on in my head? ::)

How many people are we going to draw into our web of unmanageability? Oh, the humanity. :'(

karlhenning

Quote from: snyprrr on January 05, 2011, 08:15:19 AM
I guarantee you will spend MORE than the gift card, not less!

So far, only $2.18 more . . . .

Of course, back in November I ordered a Scarlatti box which they're waiting to be back in stock. That will be a bit of a pinch, though considerably less than full pinch.

Gurn Blanston

Poor Karl. And he doesn't even realize, or won't admit it to himself... :'(

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

karlhenning

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

snyprrr

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 05, 2011, 08:20:44 AM
Poor Karl. And he doesn't even realize, or won't admit it to himself... :'(

8)

Yes, denial's not a river in Egypt. :'(

karlhenning

Well, gents . . . I succeeded in today's resolve not to buy anything before noon.

And I am true to my current resolve not to buy anything before six o'clock.

Join me?
: )