Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: erato on January 06, 2011, 01:52:42 AM
Broke again?

Have only listened once, on low level and quite inattentively; will come back on it.

Yes, you got it in one - 'broke again'  :D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

snyprrr

I admit I can feel a tug of war going on in me. Gulp. Thankfully there is no way of acting out on my impulses. Whew.

snyprrr

So don't even deny that you are all BUYING,... AND SEEKING THE WAYS AND MEANS TO BUY MORE!!!!

Sign me,

Sick & Tired of Bein' Sick & Tired! ;) ::) :-*

C'mon,... tell me all about it.

karlhenning

Quote from: snyprrr on January 13, 2011, 09:54:42 AM
... AND SEEKING THE WAYS AND MEANS TO BUY MORE!!!!

I destroyed two pieces of plastic this very morning!

snyprrr

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 13, 2011, 10:49:42 AM
I destroyed two pieces of plastic this very morning!

SsssssnnnooooOORRTTT!!! :-\

Hey man,.. it's Dave,...

knock knock knock

snyprrr

ok, so there IS this one cd, and it seems to be out of print, but it shouldn't be (there are a few overtly priced copies out there), so I call the company, and they say, Yes, we have ONE copy left on the shelf,... we'll sell it to you for $30!!! Ahhhh,... so,... we end up talking,... but now I'm obsessing on this cd, which wasn't all that important to me, but now is like some fairy princess I must rescue,... oy, CDCDCD can be a boitch!

snyprrr

Well, it's like this:

This one cd (well call it D6) that's been on The List, well, it's between $100-200 anywhere you go. So, I go to the website, and I'm looking, and it appears that I can still get it from them.

Ok, hey,... it's only $14.99 plus shipping. Nawwww, let's just call them and make sure.

So I call them, and yes!, they say they have ONE copy left on the warehouse shelf (1998 issue)! So I'mk like, well siiiign me up!, and she says, it's $30!!! :o,... and, after a minute of wtf I figure she can charge what she wants,... sooo,... I had to go hustle some money and order the last cd of this quite classic avant cd.

I'll admit it's all quite typical of the CDCDCD that one must jump through these hoops, and sacrifice actual food for our vanity!

So, anyhow, in a way, you can't really say that I've bought anything yet since this was Emergency Retrieval and not just a purchase of an Available Title. Well, you decide for yourself! ;)

Other than that, I did buy a $1.49 cd.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: snyprrr on January 24, 2011, 06:47:06 PM
Well, it's like this:

This one cd (well call it D6) that's been on The List, well, it's between $100-200 anywhere you go. So, I go to the website, and I'm looking, and it appears that I can still get it from them.

Ok, hey,... it's only $14.99 plus shipping. Nawwww, let's just call them and make sure.

So I call them, and yes!, they say they have ONE copy left on the warehouse shelf (1998 issue)! So I'mk like, well siiiign me up!, and she says, it's $30!!! :o,... and, after a minute of wtf I figure she can charge what she wants,... sooo,... I had to go hustle some money and order the last cd of this quite classic avant cd.

I'll admit it's all quite typical of the CDCDCD that one must jump through these hoops, and sacrifice actual food for our vanity!

So, anyhow, in a way, you can't really say that I've bought anything yet since this was Emergency Retrieval and not just a purchase of an Available Title. Well, you decide for yourself! ;)

Other than that, I did buy a $1.49 cd.
I think you need an intervention!  ;)   Of course, the other thing you could do is write a world famous best seller about your struggles with addiction... 8)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

snyprrr

Quote from: ukrneal on January 25, 2011, 02:31:19 AM
I think you need an intervention!  ;)   Of course, the other thing you could do is write a world famous best seller about your struggles with addiction... 8)

A Million Little Piec,...er,...CDS

"Dude,...I'll give you Mahler 8 for that Igor Box,...duuuude!!!!"

btw- I just got paid. ::) oy vey!

snyprrr

They're telling me I have more money in the bank than I should.

Is that EVER a good thing?

snyprrr

ayyyy...

I'm in a full blown CDCDCD Episode.

ayyyy...

Never underestimate the power of not getting what you want, WHEN you want it, to send you into a spiral of depravity.

ayyyy...

Plus, I'm ordering everything from overseas, so, haha, I feel like Herbert Lom in the Pink Panther movies.

snyprrr

It's almost April.

...ok, that one I technically got in December. And, the other one, that one also I 'bought' in December.

The two Stravinsky 2fers, and the Avant Piano disc,... three purchases???? :o since January???? :o

Either I'm very ill, or,... gulp,... I'm 'there'. :o :o (cue: Scary Orchestra Hit)

I'm not even really excited to hear anything. :o :o

I might just,... gasp,... listen to something I've got,... oh no!,.... maybe something I DON'T like!! :o :o

Lately, I've heard some really nice music I didn't even know I had. ...hmmm...

snyprrr

It's almost April.

...ok, that one I technically got in December. And, the other one, that one also I 'bought' in December.

The two Stravinsky 2fers, and the Avant Piano disc,... three purchases???? :o since January???? :o

Either I'm very ill, or,... gulp,... I'm 'there'. :o :o (cue: Scary Orchestra Hit)

I might just,... gasp,... listen to something I've got,... oh no!,.... maybe something I DON'T like!! :o :o

Lately, I've heard some really nice music I didn't even know I had. ...hmmm...

karlhenning

Sid

Quote from: snyprrr on March 23, 2011, 05:38:10 AM

That reminds me of an old saying I heard:

"The best way to give up cigarettes is to stop smoking."

So translated into your situation:

"The best way to stop buying CD's is to...now wait for it...stop buying CD's!!!"

I can sympathise, I feel quite a bit of classical music overload at the moment, although I have never been as big a collector in the league of some of the members here...

karlhenning

snyprrr

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on March 23, 2011, 06:27:01 AM
Now that's really awful.

Well, I did it.

In one fell swoop, I got Mozart PTs and PQ4ts, Mendelssohn PTs, Schubert PTs, Brahms PTs, and Brahms PQ4ts,... aaand a Ginastera disc. I don't think there's more, but, you know how things go when the fur starts to fly! 8)

But seriously, most of these things were under $5, so, I actually got a good chunk of Romantic Chamber Music for cheap. In all, 10 discs for $50. That's pretty good if you ask me.

And, can you really consider only versions of WarHorses a CDCDCD problem? I though not! Everrryone needs to have these,...rrrright!?! :-*

So, I did nothing wrong...

...right? ???

DavidW

Quote from: snyprrr on May 17, 2011, 11:57:43 AM
So, I did nothing wrong...

...right? ???

If you enjoy the cds, snips then you did right.  If you don't like them, then mail them to me and I will absolve you of your cdcdcd sins. 0:)

:D

chasmaniac

What I need is a CD indulgence. At some cost, preferably nominal, I could purchase freedom from guilt for the CDs I buy in the future!

"Oh, what pleasures!" (Handel, Alexander Balus)
If I have exhausted the justifications, I have reached bedrock and my spade is turned. Then I am inclined to say: "This is simply what I do."  --Wittgenstein, PI ยง217

karlhenning

Quote from: haydnfan on May 17, 2011, 12:00:45 PM
If you enjoy the cds, snips then you did right.  If you don't like them, then mail them to me and I will absolve you of your cdcdcd sins. 0:)

:D

Je-je-je!!!