Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Brian

Surprise: somebody with more CDs than Harry
Unsurprise: it's Klaus Heymann.
(click to embiggen)

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Brian on October 22, 2011, 11:02:46 AM
Surprise: somebody with more CDs than Harry
Unsurprise: it's Klaus Heymann.
But it looks like what are CDs are really books on disc. Are there actually any cds on that wall?
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Opus106

Quote from: mc ukrneal on October 22, 2011, 11:09:12 AM
But it looks like what are CDs are really books on disc. Are there actually any cds on that wall?

Plenty of them. Box sets and single disks in wraps. And DVDs as well. What Brian doesn't realise is that this photo, printed and autographed by Mr. Heymann, is to be sent to Harry along with the room.
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

Quote from: mc ukrneal on October 22, 2011, 11:09:12 AM

Ye of little faith.

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Quote from: Brian on October 22, 2011, 11:48:46 AM
Ye of little faith.

Well to make a end to this discussion I have far more CD'S than Klaus, ask him, he knows me.  ;D ;D ;D

snyprrr

I'm quite in the middle of a spending spree, and it does certainly feel like I'm on a binge.

I've gotta say that the stuff I'm getting is mind blowing good, so I'm having trouble feeling really really bad about it all, but I think (hope) I'm getting to the end of this particular flareup.

Mirror Image

I haven't had really any festering urges to buy CDs lately, though I did go on a little Bartok shopping spree, but I've been wanting to hear these recordings for some time. My next purchase isn't going to be a CD but a video game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I can't wait to play this!

snyprrr

I AM feeling slightly feverish lately about getting as much stuff as I can possibly handle. Maybe part of it is that I'm waiting for my sis in London to send me this cd I had to get mailed to her place (because of Germany's exemplary shipping charges!), and the wait is quite something, so I need to fill in all those empty mailbox days with... SOMETHING!!

Ah, I'm just a bit exhausted with things lately. I just want to curl up into my bellybutton, meaning, I just want to become TOTALLY self absorbed, and self please... and buy, Buy, BUY!!

But WOW,... when the Crash comes,... it COMES!! :'( :'( :'(

snyprrr

OK, I surrender for the year. Stockhausen was the last straw, haha! I have an embarrassment of riches, I best not take them for granted. Hibernation time.

For anyone struggling out there: buy three times as much as you normally would, and hopefully that will keep you through till Feb-March. ;)

Mirror Image

Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2011, 05:50:43 AMI AM feeling slightly feverish lately about getting as much stuff as I can possibly handle.

I know what you mean. I think sometimes I think I bite off more than I can chew, but you know what? It's so much damn fun!!! :D 8)

snyprrr

Yikes, CDCDCD has totally got me by the short hairs here this Season, as I go ho ho ho-honkin crazy with the spending cash!! :o :o :o :o

I thought a 'just get stuff now and then we can stop for the new year' strategy would work, but now I'm just hyperventilating trying to get ALL this stuff... and I don't even know what I want. I'm just in a spending frenzy with no real brains to go with it. AHHHH!!!!

In my mind I keep seeing myself snorting huge lines... that's kind of what this must feel like(whaaat???).

No rest for the wicked, eh? Yeeesh ::)

HELP!!

Karl Henning

Quote from: snyprrr on December 02, 2011, 07:23:38 PM
OK, I surrender for the year. Stockhausen was the last straw, haha!

Where Stockhausen only confirms me in frugality ; )
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: karlhenning on December 16, 2011, 06:43:05 AM
Where Stockhausen only confirms me in frugality ; )

Indeed. I have one Stockhausen CD...and that's more than enough  8)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

Quote from: snyprrr on December 16, 2011, 06:15:41 AM
Yikes, CDCDCD has totally got me by the short hairs here this Season, as I go ho ho ho-honkin crazy with the spending cash!! :o :o :o :o

I thought a 'just get stuff now and then we can stop for the new year' strategy would work, but now I'm just hyperventilating trying to get ALL this stuff... and I don't even know what I want. I'm just in a spending frenzy with no real brains to go with it. AHHHH!!!!

In my mind I keep seeing myself snorting huge lines... that's kind of what this must feel like(whaaat???).

No rest for the wicked, eh? Yeeesh ::)

HELP!!
Save the money... download what you can and buy the rest. Eventually, you'll have so much that the compulsion will weaken, at least hopefully...

snyprrr

Quote from: Greg on December 16, 2011, 07:01:01 AM
Save the money... download what you can and buy the rest. Eventually, you'll have so much that the compulsion will weaken, at least hopefully...

Yes, I bought myself into a recovery, haha!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: karlhenning on December 16, 2011, 06:54:59 AM
Now, Haydn, on the other hand . . . .

Haydn can (will) slowly bleed you to death. :-\  Nice way to go though. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Gurnatron5500 on December 18, 2011, 09:45:08 AM
Haydn can (will) slowly bleed you to death. :-\

8)

Don't I know it. I bought one Kuijken symphony disc. Thought that would suffice. But    :-[  ...the rest are now enroute. And really, who needs more than one complete set of Haydn trios? Really, who? ...and yet, the 1790 box has now been ordered. For me it's not about the money. It's where to put it all!

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"