Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ataraxia

Quote from: The new erato on August 04, 2012, 01:34:21 PM
There's no connection between buying and listening, at least shortterm. With the backlog of most people here, in any given month people don't listen to what they buy that month.

So they'll get hit on the lag.

springrite

I promise to cut off the lag by the end of the year and I will not buy until then. How about that?
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

The new erato

Quote from: springrite on August 04, 2012, 01:37:27 PM
I promise to cut off the lag by the end of the year and I will not buy until then. How about that?
Beam him down, Scotty.

Sammy

Quote from: The new erato on August 04, 2012, 01:34:21 PM
There's no connection between buying and listening, at least shortterm. With the backlog of most people here, in any given month people don't listen to what they buy that month.

So true.  I've got a few Cds that are unopened that I bought more than a year ago.  Possession is what counts.

Que

It has finally come to it that my girlfriend, who is pretty relaxed, said to me when she found another bag with two CDs: "honey, NO more CDs!"

Then we had a whole discussion whether I actually listened to them and if everything I got was all that worthwhile, or that all those purchases were just to satisfy a "hunting" (or hoarding) instinct...

I assured her that I actually listen to all that stuff and that there is almost no limit to what is good and worthwhile. A claim that she rebuffed with: "so you listen to just to the new stuff?" ::) 

"No baby, I also listen to the CDs I already have." "How can you, if you already have so many and buy new stuff almost every other day? NO more CDs please, you already have enough!"

Well, what could I say? ;D I guess, enough is not enough..... >:D

Q

springrite

Quote from: Que on August 04, 2012, 11:51:47 PM
It has finally come to it that my girlfriend, who is pretty relaxed, said to me when she found another bag with two CDs: "honey, NO more CDs!"

Then we had a whole discussion whether I actually listened to them and if everything I got was all that worthwhile, or that all those purchases were just to satisfy a "hunting" (or hoarding) instinct...

I assured her that I actually listen to all that stuff and that there is almost no limit to what is good and worthwhile. A claim that she rebuffed with: "so you listen to just to the new stuff?" ::) 

"No baby, I also listen to the CDs I already have." "How can you, if you already have so many and buy new stuff almost every other day? NO more CDs please, you already have enough!"

Q

Try using math on her to confuse her even more:

X+N does NOT equal to X
Therefore, too much is NOT enough.

Opus106

Quote from: springrite on August 05, 2012, 12:42:38 AM
Try using math on her to confuse her even more:

X+N does NOT equal to X

Unless N = 0, of course.

What are X and N, anyway? ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

My wife and me have separate incomes, and she takes the very reasonable view that as long I pay my share of household costs and bills and other stuff (eg vacations) where we agree on whos's to pay what, my money are my own to spend, either on petrol for my car, wine, CDs or whatever.

springrite

Quote from: Opus106 on August 05, 2012, 01:25:30 AM
Unless N = 0, of course.

What are X and N, anyway? ;D

X = enough
N = whatever amount over the number that represents enough

The new erato

Quote from: springrite on August 05, 2012, 01:52:02 AM

I think you've just found a definiton of infinity. Good job!

Opus106

This just in: A new problem added to the Clay Maths Institute's Millenium Prize:

E=NE?
Regards,
Navneeth

springrite

Quote from: The new erato on August 05, 2012, 01:56:37 AM
I think you've just found a definiton of infinity. Good job!

Thanks! At a risk of sounding sexist, that is why I don't use it on men and only use it to confuse women! Ha!

The new erato

Quote from: Opus106 on August 05, 2012, 01:58:42 AM
This just in: A new problem added to the Clay Maths Institute's Millenium Prize:

E=NE?
Obviously true for E=0.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Quote from: MN Dave on August 05, 2012, 03:34:36 AM

u must wait 4 it. i uze seerees aproximashuns at the end.

(Actually, if you look at it, there are polynomials strewn about.)
Regards,
Navneeth

snyprrr

Quote from: Que on August 04, 2012, 11:51:47 PM

Q

CDs VS. Sex

hmmm...

snyprrr

Quote from: springrite on August 05, 2012, 01:52:02 AM
X = enough

That's... that's... IT :o!!

EVERYONE!! The answer has been revealed,... no more Thread needed!!,...(credit card comes out)...