Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springrite

Quote from: Ken B on February 18, 2014, 08:31:00 AM
That's because you're winning it!

:) ;) :D ;D 8) :P ??? :-\ >:D >:D 0:) :laugh: :)

I think there are several people who'd be tied for first place. Image the podium for gold medal crowded with the two on either side vacant.

(You have to reserve a spot on the podium for John as well, don't you think?)
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Brian

Quote from: springrite on February 18, 2014, 08:33:29 AM
I think there are several people who'd be tied for first place. Image the podium for gold medal crowded with the two on either side vacant.

(You have to reserve a spot on the podium for John as well, don't you think?)

Just the other day Harry ordered every CD he wanted from two medium-sized record labels!

springrite

Quote from: Brian on February 18, 2014, 08:34:53 AM
Just the other day Harry ordered every CD he wanted from two medium-sized record labels!

Harry is on performance enhancing drugs and thus disqualified! He is off the chart!

springrite

Quote from: springrite on February 18, 2014, 08:36:08 AM
Harry is on performance enhancing drugs and thus disqualified! He is off the chart!

The Lance Armstrong of GMG.

HIPster

Quote from: springrite on February 18, 2014, 08:44:38 AM
The Lance Armstrong of GMG.
Quote from: springrite on February 18, 2014, 08:36:08 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are on fire here! 
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

kishnevi

1)  I was going to order the EMI "complete" Chopin box today off the SDCB thread,  but resisted it.  Of course,  there's always tomorrow :)

2) Discovered via their weekly email that Prestoclassical considers an 11 CD set to be a "big box".  Little do they know....

Ken B

The Chopin --which I posted--is going fast ... What if it goes OOP ... Takes up so little space ...

>:D

kishnevi

Quote from: Ken B on February 18, 2014, 05:57:02 PM
The Chopin --which I posted--is going fast ... What if it goes OOP ... Takes up so little space ...

>:D

But it's not really complete, going by the blurb. 
And it's not like I don't have a bunch of Chopin (although apparently none of those performances!).   Besides,  I have the Vivaldi Sacred Works and Ligeti Sony boxes en route to me from Amazon UK....
And as Scarlett O'Hara said, tomorrow is another day >:D

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on February 18, 2014, 06:09:23 PM

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure what she said (vowed?) was "I'll never be hungry again!"--  she wouldn't have let that Chopin get away from her!
It's all good...

Ken B

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on February 18, 2014, 06:09:23 PM
But it's not really complete, going by the blurb. 
And it's not like I don't have a bunch of Chopin (although apparently none of those performances!).   Besides,  I have the Vivaldi Sacred Works and Ligeti Sony boxes en route to me from Amazon UK....
The Vivaldi is great. You can often get King's Purcell cheap too.

So you're saying the Chopin is only the good stuff ...  :-\

Mookalafalas

OK, so I bought the Harmonia Mundi "Music of the 18th Century" box. 30 cds for 60 bucks...that's not "compulsive" or "disorder"--it's just common sense, right? Also, I'm reading Gardiner's book on Bach, and this gives important contextual background "flavor" to contextualize his prose comments....
It's all good...

Ken B

Quote from: Baklavaboy on February 19, 2014, 07:40:24 PM
OK, so I bought the Harmonia Mundi "Music of the 18th Century" box. 30 cds for 60 bucks...that's not "compulsive" or "disorder"--it's just common sense, right? Also, I'm reading Gardiner's book on Bach, and this gives important contextual background "flavor" to contextual his prose comments....
It's a lovely box, one of my favourites.
Tell me how you like the Gluck and Rameau especially.

And yeah, good excuses! I mean REASONS, good REASONS.

snyprrr

You guys are realizing that the ONLY thing that can help CDCDCD is the tactic of "let's wait until tomorrow"- it's the same technique used to help alcoholics. If you can make it 24 HOURS without BuyItNow!, then you've WON,... because, guess what?m,,, TOMORROW NEVER COMES!! So, if you've made it one day, that's all you have to do- is make it through today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. If you've made it one day, what's to stop you from making another 'one day'?

Ken B

Quote from: snyprrr on February 20, 2014, 07:29:15 AM
You guys are realizing that the ONLY thing that can help CDCDCD is the tactic of "let's wait until tomorrow"- it's the same technique used to help alcoholics. If you can make it 24 HOURS without BuyItNow!, then you've WON,... because, guess what?m,,, TOMORROW NEVER COMES!! So, if you've made it one day, that's all you have to do- is make it through today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. If you've made it one day, what's to stop you from making another 'one day'?
Exactly! My cure starts tomorrow.

Ken B

Sigh. Recently bought a Glenn Gould set, Hogwood Vivaldi, second Verdi box, a couple stray singles.
Can someone sell me the time to listen to it all?

springrite

Just bought the Verdi box, 55 CDs for about 10 pounds from amazon.uk.

I think NOT buying it should be classified as a disease and buying it a sign of saneness.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: springrite on February 22, 2014, 06:55:55 AM
Just bought the Verdi box, 55 CDs for about 10 pounds from amazon.uk.

I think NOT buying it should be classified as a disease and buying it a sign of saneness.

agree with your assessment, but isn't it 33 cds for 12 pounds?

I got it too. I also bought the EMI icon colin davis to accompany it. I thought it would be lonely in transit.   Today I picked up the Byron Janis RCA box and Klemperer's Bruckner set locally so I could listen to something while the other boxes fleet their way hither.   These two have been eyeing me for weeks....
It's all good...

springrite

Quote from: Baklavaboy on February 22, 2014, 07:17:54 AM
  agree with your assessment, but isn't it 33 cds for 12 pounds?

Somehow it came out to be 12.74 WITH shipping (less than 10 without).

mc ukrneal

Quote from: springrite on February 22, 2014, 07:22:19 AM
Somehow it came out to be 12.74 WITH shipping (less than 10 without).
I am glad it is not in stock. I have the ones I really want already, but getting so much for that little - totally worth it!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!