Compulsive Disassociative CD Collecting Disease (CDCDCD)

Started by snyprrr, December 17, 2009, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Baklavaboy on February 24, 2014, 03:46:54 PM
  As there are no physical symptoms of debilitation, whether or not CDCDCD should truly be classified as a disease is, it would seem, open to debate. I think some of us have come to accept this aspect of our nature, and with self-acceptance found inner peace and, dare I say it, joy :)   Or maybe I just feel this way because even thought I am on a "spending freeze" I got 3 50 CD boxes yesterday ;D ;D Two came from the postman and I had lent the Phillips box to my Chinese teacher, who had it for about a month.  It is hard to justify just how happy I was to get it back again! The feeling was very close to that of getting a new box.  I was quite apprehensive that she had forgotten to bring it, and then when she handed it back to me, I had to take a quick riffle through all those little packages of musical bliss :D Anyway, still on the bandwagon for now.

Yeah, I know the thrill of opening padded envelopes too well. :D

Ken B

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 25, 2014, 08:16:37 PM
Yeah, I know the thrill of opening padded envelopes too well. :D
I know the feeling. My Precious-s-s-s...

springrite

Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mookalafalas

I'm still on the wagon with Ken, but it's a bit hard. Today I stopped in the CD shop on my way home from a private class where I am paid in cash.   The Harmonia Mundi 10 CD boxes are $21-25, and there is a new cube of complete Strauss operas for $110.  I probably wouldn't even like Strauss operas, but how can I be sure without the box?  There is also the 15 CD Yves Nat box for $30. It includes his complete piano sonatas.  Surely I am a philistine to leave these items on the shelves?
It's all good...

springrite

Quote from: Baklavaboy on February 26, 2014, 06:58:08 AM
  I'm still on the wagon with Ken, but it's a bit hard. Today I stopped in the CD shop on my way home from a private class where I am paid in cash.   The Harmonia Mundi 10 CD boxes are $21-25, and there is a new cube of complete Strauss operas for $110.  I probably wouldn't even like Strauss operas, but how can I be sure without the box?  There is also the 15 CD Yves Nat box for $30. It includes his complete piano sonatas.  Surely I am a philistine to leave these items on the shelves?

You can have them pay you in CDs. This way, technically you did not buy and still on the wagon...
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Ken B

To encourage you.
I bought the Verdi box at I think 44. Had I waited I could have gotten it even cheaper. Waiting is bargain hunting! I waited on the Living Stereo and saved a bundle. We are the raptors of CD collecting, circling, circling, knowing our chance will come, and then the sudden swoop.

kishnevi

Think of the increase of pleasure you'll get when you finally purchase them in two months.

Sort of like how temporal duration of coitus increases intensity of orgasm.

Ken B

snyprrr

Ken B

Quote from: snyprrr on February 27, 2014, 05:40:15 AM
So,,, NO ONE'S DATING GIRLS THIS YEAR, HMM????? :laugh:
Is that set for sale? Cannot find it on Amazon.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: snyprrr on February 27, 2014, 05:40:15 AM
So,,, NO ONE'S DATING GIRLS THIS YEAR, HMM????? :laugh:

Pretty sure everyone on this page already has a family, so, no, dating is probably off the menu.  Don't give up, though, snyprrr, there's still hope for you! ;)
It's all good...

Ken B

Quote from: Baklavaboy on February 27, 2014, 06:50:23 AM
  Pretty sure everyone on this page already has a family, so, no, dating is probably off the menu.  Don't give up, though, snyprrr, there's still hope for you! ;)
I'm dating a sales rep for Sony Music. Well, so far it's just an internet thing, but she send me lots of emails.

;) :laugh:

Moonfish

Ooohhhhhhhh --- I found my home thread!!!!   *gasp*  I am not alone in the solar system!!

Are we all megabox collecting Gollum clones without impulse control....?    :P

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on March 01, 2014, 02:59:55 PM
Ooohhhhhhhh --- I found my home thread!!!!   *gasp*  I am not alone in the solar system!!

Are we all megabox collecting Gollum clones without impulse control....?    :P
Not me and Baklavaboy! We are cold turkey until March 13.
After that it would be dangerous to be between us and the Amazon site.  ;)

Ken B

I must confess I am still adding stuff to the cart, just not buying. When I see the total after a month's accumulation, I will delete a bunch.

North Star

Quote from: Ken B on March 01, 2014, 03:08:07 PM
I must confess I am still adding stuff to the cart, just not buying. When I see the total after a month's accumulation, I will delete a bunch.

:laugh:

As for me, I'm trying to stay clean until October...
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Mookalafalas

Quote from: North Star on March 01, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

:laugh:

As for me, I'm trying to stay clean until October...

October! An ambitious goal (not as ambitious as Brian--one year--but he seems to already be retroactively inserting "unless..." clauses into his original pledge >:D).

I've cruised the CD shop twice, but managed to leave empty handed.  Here is a question I submit to the panel for adjudication:
   I ordered the Klemperer Mozart box before I took the pledge, but got a message from ImportCD that they cancelled the order. My local shop has it. Would that be a real purchase, or fulfilling a previous (i.e. pre-pledge) order? I patiently await your opinion(s).
It's all good...

Moonfish

Quote from: Baklavaboy on March 01, 2014, 04:14:04 PM
October! An ambitious goal (not as ambitious as Brian--one year--but he seems to already be retroactively inserting "unless..." clauses into his original pledge >:D).

I've cruised the CD shop twice, but managed to leave empty handed.  Here is a question I submit to the panel for adjudication:
   I ordered the Klemperer Mozart box before I took the pledge, but got a message from ImportCD that they cancelled the order. My local shop has it. Would that be a real purchase, or fulfilling a previous (i.e. pre-pledge) order? I patiently await your opinion(s).

He probably meant October last year?   :D
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé