Faux Harmonic

Started by greg, June 15, 2007, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

http://www.fauxharmonic.com/

I stumbled upon a link for this site. They have three files on the home page for works by composers that won a competition or something:

they are:

A Screaming Comes Across the Sky (full orchestra) David Heuser
Awakening (for chamber orchestra) Ludwig Tuman
Fireheart (for chamber orchestra) Matthew Fields

First thing- this is probably the best-sounding synth program I've ever heard! Half the time I'm listening I wouldn't even be able to tell it was synth. If anyone know anything that sounds better, tell me, because I don't think it's possible.

Second thing- These 3 works are amazing! All are in modern style, and jaw-dropping. A Screaming Comes Across the Sky is reminiscent of a film score but is earth-shattering, insane, the guy is like a master at orchestration. I don't think I've heard "amateur" composer's music this good on the Internet before. (depends on how you define amateur)

anways, check it out, even if only for the amazing music

BachQ

Quote from: 僕はグレグ (Greg) on June 15, 2007, 06:40:28 AM
anways, check it out, even if only for the amazing music

Are you confident that we'll find this music "amazing"?  Will you compensate us for our time should the music fall short of that threshold?

J.Z. Herrenberg

http://www.fauxharmonic.com/

A Screaming Comes Across the Sky (full orchestra) David Heuser

The title is a quotation (if you didn't recognise it) - the opening sentence from Thomas Pynchon's 'Gravity's Rainbow'. I wonder what kind of music it is...
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

BachQ

this is probably the best-sounding synth program I've ever heard!

It is quite amazing for a synth .......

greg

Quote from: Dm on January 19, 2008, 10:02:26 AM
Are you confident that we'll find this music "amazing"?  Will you compensate us for our time should the music fall short of that threshold?
;D

Quote from: Jezetha on January 19, 2008, 10:09:10 AM
The title is a quotation (if you didn't recognise it) - the opening sentence from Thomas Pynchon's 'Gravity's Rainbow'. I wonder what kind of music it is...
go ahead and listen!  8)

Quote from: Dm on January 19, 2008, 10:15:44 AM
It is quite amazing for a synth .......
too bad it's not a simple program...... you have to send in your own scores, and pay (what was it, a few hundred?) and they write it for you. I'd like to know what they use.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: 僕はグレグ (Greg) on January 19, 2008, 01:09:17 PMgo ahead and listen!  8)

First I'm listening to Beethoven, the Allegretto from the Seventh. I can hear it's a program, because the sound is just a tad too 'clean' and the playing a bit too metronomical. All the same - very interesting! You can hear everything, which is a bonus. And no coughs, or sing-along conductors, or even breathing musicians for that matter spoil your enjoyment...
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Kullervo

Listening to the Debussy sample, it sounds very good. The strings are especially impressive since synth-strings always sound so awful.