Ernst Haberbier (1813-1869)

Started by MN Dave, January 30, 2010, 07:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

Per Wiki: German composer of brilliant piano music

So why no recordings?  ???

SonicMan46

Dave - don't think that this thread has a future!  :D

First, I've never heard of this composer/pianist but read the bio; second, on searching Amazon & Archiv Music, I find no recordings - ???

So, maybe there is some sheet music available, but we'll need some one who may know this music?  Dave  :)

MN Dave

Well, if there's a pianist out there who needs a composer to champion, this is the one.  Apparently. ;D

Gurn Blanston

Well, no one I ever heard of (which is easy enough to do). If you are open to surmise, I will pass one (if not, then stop reading here. :) ):

The dates you give for him nicely demarcate an age when virtuosity for its own sake was rampant. What I've read indicates massively technically difficult works with little or no musical worth. I would suggest the possibility that he falls in that category along with lots of other guys who were famous in their day for their playing ability, but whose music hasn't outlived them. :)

8)

----------------
Listening to:
Duo Crommelynck - K 497a 357 Sonata in G for Piano Four Hands (fragment) pt 2 - Andante
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

MN Dave

Well, according to my OP, at least someone thinks it's brilliant.  ;D