Admiring Amirov 1922-1984

Started by listener, February 28, 2010, 07:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

The 6 cd set, The Classical Music of Azerbaijan arrived yesterday. Very fine recording. Each disc presents symphony, concerti, chamber music, piano works, ballet, and opera separately. The set offers many works of Amirov and Karayev of course. Unexpectedly the piano music sounds very attractive. So glad that I purchased the set. The below is a review.

http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2003/Apr03/Azerbaijaniset.htm

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Roy Bland on October 27, 2020, 05:36:00 PM
I am slightly OT but IMHO this is of high interest for you (sadly only in Turkey)
https://www.nadirkitap.com/composers-of-azerbaijan-uzbekistan-turkmenistan-kazakhstan-kirgizia-and-turkey-cd-cil-cil-vol-2-efemera14676057.html
This series from turkish label Raks was an improvement also if non organized

Roy, thank you for the info. The disc looks interesting. There must be volume 1 as well? Somebody maybe selling it on ebay. I will keep looking for it. Also next time I go to Greece, probably I will go to Turkey and ask about the disc and other recordings. You may want to check out the Azerbaijan 6 cd set above. Thanks a lot and stay safe there.

Roy Bland

Sadly i don't think that these are physically available,an azeri composer told me that these are gift for president's friend
https://heydar-aliyev-foundation.org/en/content/view/90/3634/Fikret-Amirov

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Roy Bland on March 13, 2022, 07:17:46 PM
Sadly i don't think that these are physically available,an azeri composer told me that these are gift for president's friend
https://heydar-aliyev-foundation.org/en/content/view/90/3634/Fikret-Amirov

I have the 10 disc box shown on the website. It's wonderful. I wish I had the book and dvd as well.
Btw, if you know any recordings of Suleyman Elesgerov, aka. Suleiman Aleskerov, available in market, please let me know.

Roy Bland

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on March 14, 2022, 07:46:09 AM
I have the 10 disc box shown on the website. It's wonderful. I wish I had the book and dvd as well.
Btw, if you know any recordings of Suleyman Elesgerov, aka. Suleiman Aleskerov, available in market, please let me know.
i am going to gratulate with you. So he told me an inaccurate response  (he didn't like Aliyev jr,) neither MIPP found it.

Roy Bland

I am searching for Aleskerov this should be interesting

Roy Bland

Here there is is Bayaty Shiraz Mugham by Aleskerov

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Roy Bland on March 14, 2022, 07:37:14 PM
Here there is is Bayaty Shiraz Mugham by Aleskerov

Thank you, Roy! I will look for this set and Niyazi recording.

Mirror Image

Where did you find that 10-disc box set? Is it still available?

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 15, 2022, 07:02:37 AM
Where did you find that 10-disc box set? Is it still available?

I bought it on eBay from an Azerbaijani seller after a lengthy negotiation on the price last year.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on March 15, 2022, 09:40:14 AM
I bought it on eBay from an Azerbaijani seller after a lengthy negotiation on the price last year.

Ah okay, very cool. Looks like a nice set.

Roy Bland

Also this multiple versions of Mughams IMHO Bayaty Shiraz is his masterwork

and Opera Sevil

dhibbard

Yes  finally Naxos  has released some of his music.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Roy Bland on March 15, 2022, 07:09:04 PM
Also this multiple versions of Mughams IMHO Bayaty Shiraz is his masterwork

Yes they are masterpiece! Also, unexpectedly I found many orchestral songs in the 10-discs box very attractive!

Roy Bland

Book +cds  Opera Sevil and Ballet 1001 nights

and DVD

Roy Bland

Great concert on 15 April  for centenary

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Wow the poster looks good! In very near future, I will visit Azerbaijan to attend a similar concert.

Roy Bland

In Ankara

On October 9, in the CSO Ada Concert Hall in Ankara, within the framework of the XXIII Days of Opera Art of TURKSOY, organized by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey with the support of the Bursa City Hall, an evening in memory of the outstanding composer Fikret Amirov will be held.

Day.Az reports with reference to AZERTAC that the event is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Fikrat Amirov, a prominent representative of the Azerbaijani composer school.
At the evening, soloists of the Turkic world and the Chukurov State Symphony Orchestra under the baton of talented conductors Mustafa Mehmandarov and Eray Inal will perform works by the Azerbaijani composer.
Recall that 2022 was declared by the Permanent Council of TURKSOY as the Year of the outstanding Azerbaijani composer Fikret Amirov.
It should be noted that recently a concert was held on the occasion of the opening of the XXIII Days of Opera Art by TURKSOY, at which opera singers from Turkic-speaking countries performed, accompanied by the Regional State Symphony Orchestra of the Bursa Mayor's Office conducted by Azerbaijani conductor Eyyub Guliyev. The event featured works by composers from Turkic-speaking and European countries.
As part of the event, in the foyer of the Osmangazi Concert Hall, art lovers were also presented with a photo exhibition about the life and work of the world-famous Azerbaijani composer Fikret Amirov.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Roy Bland on September 25, 2022, 06:44:26 PM
In Ankara

On October 9, in the CSO Ada Concert Hall in Ankara, within the framework of the XXIII Days of Opera Art of TURKSOY, organized by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey with the support of the Bursa City Hall, an evening in memory of the outstanding composer Fikret Amirov will be held.

Day.Az reports with reference to AZERTAC that the event is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Fikrat Amirov, a prominent representative of the Azerbaijani composer school.
At the evening, soloists of the Turkic world and the Chukurov State Symphony Orchestra under the baton of talented conductors Mustafa Mehmandarov and Eray Inal will perform works by the Azerbaijani composer.
Recall that 2022 was declared by the Permanent Council of TURKSOY as the Year of the outstanding Azerbaijani composer Fikret Amirov.
It should be noted that recently a concert was held on the occasion of the opening of the XXIII Days of Opera Art by TURKSOY, at which opera singers from Turkic-speaking countries performed, accompanied by the Regional State Symphony Orchestra of the Bursa Mayor's Office conducted by Azerbaijani conductor Eyyub. The event featured works by composers from Turkic-speaking and European countries.
As part of the event, in the foyer of the Osmangazi Concert Hall, art lovers were also presented with a photo exhibition about the life and work of the world-famous   Azerbaijani composer Fikret Amirov.

Roy, I wish I could visit there!
I guess Turkey maintains a good relationship with Azerbaijan as long as she has conflicts with Armenia.
I am still thinking about visiting both Azerbaijan and Armenia some day!
As for Turkey, so sad that there are very few recordings of Turkish composers.
Hope somebody will record Ferit Tüzün works someday.   :)

Roy Bland