Gioseffo Zarlino genius parallel Leonardo Da Vinci

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, February 15, 2020, 06:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

This is among my favorite composer even if output not that large, he so fantastic.

First time I heard his works, was from glorious German ensemble that I love so much Singer Pur, once I said to them you guys are among if not the utter best ensemble of this world for renaissance, and they were so modest, they just said , we are not the best but we love our work, common Singer Pur, you're that good

But let's stay in the subject Zarlino, so I heard there album of his modulations, I was like wow this is so great, quintessential for a lover of polyphony, his strange modulation was outstanding to me, still is, so I needed more Zarlino order another Zarlino album on Glossa , that was just as marvelous, I recommended both as credential release for polyphony lovers, this guy, yes this guy was such a composer, yet he is now neglected by  listener of polyphony no one talk about him as a great great (neologism needed) composer among the greatest of Italians composer or simply  European renaissance finest.

I would listen to his works countless time and wonder, did
this guy had any follower or pupils, to his odd modulations.

I'm still blown away after all these year, discovering him, his music is a delight, rocket science,
Are there other full album of his, i REALLY(in caps locks) love this awesome surreal composer.

Italians and Europeans should herald him as the genius he is, give to Cesar his laurels, he deserve it, he is  not a nobody.

Now if you like polyphony I want you to order these  two CD's do it, do it now, rush to the record store order them, or download them, you need to hear this!!!!

amazing composer, amazing works on great labels, I'm not lying trust thee boy, deprofundis wont people to seek his music.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

Carlo Gesualdo

I don,t understand why is so ignore by fan of renaissance I have the Glossa CD and it reekk  genie all over,, he was avant---garde , his music was real pretty ccomplex, his strange modulation of singer pur I have too his a great recordings, why is he treated like a nobody persona non gratas, this is so unfair, seem like nop one talk aabout the fabulous glossa offering and ensemble Singer Pur, may I ask why, what the reason, he not just one out of many composer , but a super composer of gem perfect works, whit a special  blue print of his own no one sounded  like him in my book,, yet when I talk about him  people even ''connaisseur'' stare and don't take me seriously, I ask those people why, are they insane, Zarlino had his sound,, just like thee great Gesualdo or Gombert, you can spot

out of many composer,, did he had followers to his odd modulation?

I did not posted in composer because I think he deserve podium for achievements Great recording , grandiose compose, who whit me on this please ??

Carlo Gesualdo

First of all I would like to thank fellows smart & knowledge of early music archive on Youtube, Elam Rotem, for making me discover this radiant genies composer of Italy renaissance, what impact this composer had on his predecessors, in or outside Italy, did he had pupils?

Any other composer use this complex modal system beside him during his time or later on?

Or he a Doctor Emmett Brown of Polyphony in others words a mad scientist experimenting, for advancement of music sake, a great genie, that none would follows, and had his particular sound or same ink( blue print) or no one had is boldness, in other words no one(s) sounded quite like him before, during or after?

Whom would use 12 modal scale in his polyphony beside him what about England? perhaps in his native Italy era he had followers?

I have the amazing Singer Pur modulations, album, and the awesome sacred music of ensemble Plus Ultra (under direction of Michael Noone)Canticum Canticorum Salomonis I rank above  greatly as incredible just like the afforded mention album beside I don't know any album others dedicated to Zarlino?

8)