Beethoven's Piano Sonatas

Started by George, July 21, 2007, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 07:33:48 AMHaven't heard of Lydia before now.  Where were they based out of?

Vox had some lovely recordings.  :)

PD

Sorry, it has been too long.  Do you remember laserlight?  They had some great recordings too!

prémont

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on Today at 07:33:48 AMHaven't heard of Lydia before now.

Nor have I. They probably released very little classical music - if anything at all.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

DavidW

Quote from: prémont on Today at 09:41:49 AMNor have I. They probably released very little classical music - if anything at all.

They were everyone, in every music store I went to.  $3 cds.  Oh wait it was Lydian not Lydia.  Here is one of the recordings I had:

prémont

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 10:38:05 AMThey were everyone, in every music store I went to.  $3 cds.  Oh wait it was Lydian not Lydia.

Lydian? That's another matter. I recall them very well and I have kept a number of them, among which some excellent Beethoven piano sonatas (to stay on topic :) ).   It was Naxos' super budget label.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Brian

Yes, Lydian is affiliated with Naxos...some of the recordings resurfaced later on the next super-budget Naxos label, "Amadis." And many of the artists (like Wildner and Michael Halasz) reappeared on dozens of Naxos albums.

I am going through now to clear out some of the off-topic comments; I hope it is understood that this is just to keep things on track.