The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Paul McCartney

(1/5) > >>

Sean:
Anyone tried his Standing stone?- it's being broadcast today here along with a few other pieces, and I thought about recording it. I've tried a couple of short orchestral pieces before now (A leaf and Spiral) and a bunch of others for string quartet, but though not at all routine, overall they didn't rise much above anonymity.

scottscheule:
I haven't heard anything classical by him, and the reviews I've read have ranged from negative to very negative. 

If you find something positive, please let me know.

His pop works are, of course, masterful.

karlhenning:

--- Quote from: scottscheule on June 18, 2007, 01:43:05 PM ---I haven't heard anything classical by him, and the reviews I've read have ranged from negative to very negative. 

If you find something positive, please let me know.

His pop works are, of course, masterful.

--- End quote ---

The best of them, to be sure.

Even in that realm, though, even the most ardent of his admirers might consider his work at times puzzlingly mixed.

scottscheule:

--- Quote from: karlhenning on June 19, 2007, 02:43:36 AM ---The best of them, to be sure.

Even in that realm, though, even the most ardent of his admirers might consider his work at times puzzlingly mixed.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough.  I've no complaints about any of the Lennon collaborations, but some of the stuff from the Wings years is crap.

karlhenning:
Mm.  How about "Temporary Secretary" from McCartney II, eh?  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version