Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 173092 times)

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
Re: What game are you playing?
« Reply #1560 on: May 24, 2020, 04:57:27 AM »
I'm currently playing Doom Eternal.  It's extremely hard.

Offline greg

« Reply #1561 on: June 10, 2020, 12:13:05 PM »
Done with Resident Evil 5. Now onto RE6, which will be the last game in the mainline series that I haven't completed yet.

Afterwards will also do a replay of RE4 since it's been a while (also will mean having the whole mainline series solely on PS4).

BTW, there is a youtube video that surprisingly never got taken down, but it is a nude mod of Jill Valentine in the RE3 remake... it looks great but also would be too hilarious to actually play that way.  :D

edit: apparently there's one for Claire in RE2 remake as well... all I can say is wow, the contrast of that in a horror setting is bizarre, but I recommend looking that one up because, um, to put it bluntly, it's freaking hot.  :P :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:52:40 PM by greg »
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Offline greg

« Reply #1562 on: June 13, 2020, 03:50:00 PM »
Done with Leon's campaign in RE6. There's four total.

What I think about RE6: Very fun! It's what I would call "Hollywood action horror." Capcom actually called it "dramatic horror."

Fast gameplay, many QTE's, constantly running to new locations, exploding helicopters, buildings, trains, etc. very Michael Bay-like.  ;D

Amazing how much of a radical departure this was if you compared it to the earlier series- definitely a waaaaay different genre- it could almost be considered the polar opposite, in fact. In many ways it seems to parallel the Final Fantasy series in how radically it changed up over the years. However, the somewhat return to its roots in RE7 perhaps saved the franchise, because reviews and opinions of RE6 were pretty mixed, since many people don't even consider it a Resident Evil game, even if generally people enjoyed it.

And for the PS5 reveal, funny that the biggest two games they showed were Resident Evil 8 and Horizon Zero Dawn 2, two series that I'm committed to following! No new games coming out this year that I'm for sure going to play, but those two I definitely will end up playing, probably later in the year next year.

Offline greg

« Reply #1563 on: June 25, 2020, 04:56:48 PM »
Done with replay of RE4, so now I have completed game saves for all of RE 0-7 on my PS4 alone, along with the physical copies of those games lined up.

I've developed a system of backing up saves all on one USB drive + double backup on Google drive cloud storage... for older systems and Nintendo systems in general it is ridiculous what you have to do. I hear the Switch doesn't even let you back up saves to physical media? Horrible.

Anyways, I'm playing Final Fantasy 4: The After Years, which is the sequel to FF4 that was thrown on to the PSP version, which has:

FF4
The Interlude
The After Years

Tbh I'm not the least excited about it. Sure, FF4 was a decent game, but The After Years has had extremely mixed reviews and it's long... like 40 hours long. But I can't not play it. It'll be screaming at me to play it, my playthrough of FF4 is incomplete without playing the sequel. Ugh, there goes another week.  :P

Offline arpeggio

« Reply #1564 on: June 25, 2020, 08:29:24 PM »
Is this thread just for video games?

Offline greg

« Reply #1565 on: June 26, 2020, 05:56:00 AM »
Is this thread just for video games?
Pretty much...

Offline stingo

• Veteran member
« Reply #1566 on: June 26, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »
Venturing into Path of Exile (yet again). Even though I keep (re-)creating the same character, I still find the process enjoyable.

Offline greg

« Reply #1567 on: June 28, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »
Crash Bandicoot 4 announced.

It's been almost 22 years since Crash Bandicoot 3... I have played the N. Sane Trilogy (PS4 remakes of Crash 1, 2, &3), as well as the original Crash games when they came out on PS1 that long ago... so yeah, definitely gonna play Crash 4.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Mieczysław Weinberg (1919 - 1996)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Weinberg, Prokofiev, Myaskovsky, Glazunov, Rachmaninov, Rimsky-Korsakov, Shchedrin, Kabalevsky, Schnittke, Korngold, Ben-Haim, Bloch, Honegger, Martinů, Copland, Barber, Walton, Villa-Lobos, Ginastera, Respighi, Malipiero
« Reply #1568 on: June 29, 2020, 02:41:58 PM »
The only game I’m looking forward to at this juncture is next installment of The Legend of Zelda. I don’t know if they’ll call it Breath of the Wild II or what.
“There will be sunshine again and the violins will sing of peace on earth.” - Closing line from Weinberg’s Symphony No. 6, Op. 79

Offline TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg
« Reply #1569 on: June 29, 2020, 03:58:16 PM »
The only game I’m looking forward to at this juncture is next installment of The Legend of Zelda. I don’t know if they’ll call it Breath of the Wild II or what.

Rumor Mill: It is a sequel to BOTW, and Zelda might be a(the) playable character. Ironically I just started BOTW again from the beginning the other day, still one of the best games ever made.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
    Shostakovich, Weinberg, Prokofiev, Myaskovsky, Glazunov, Rachmaninov, Rimsky-Korsakov, Shchedrin, Kabalevsky, Schnittke, Korngold, Ben-Haim, Bloch, Honegger, Martinů, Copland, Barber, Walton, Villa-Lobos, Ginastera, Respighi, Malipiero
« Reply #1570 on: June 29, 2020, 04:01:43 PM »
Rumor Mill: It is a sequel to BOTW, and Zelda might be a(the) playable character. Ironically I just started BOTW again from the beginning the other day, still one of the best games ever made.

Yeah, I knew it was going to be a continuation of Breath of the Wild. Actually, Breath of the Wild scores lower on my Zelda-o-meter than I initially thought. My favorite Zelda game is still Twilight Princess followed by Ocarina of Time. Breath of the Wild would be #3 in my own personal list, but I haven’t played any of the Gameboy or DS games as I never owned any of the handheld systems. Skyward Sword has to be one of the worst games in the franchise that I’ve played. I remember being incredibly disappointed by this game and mainly it’s because of the horrible motion controls.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:03:36 PM by Mirror Image »
“There will be sunshine again and the violins will sing of peace on earth.” - Closing line from Weinberg’s Symphony No. 6, Op. 79

Offline TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg
« Reply #1571 on: June 29, 2020, 04:20:41 PM »
Yeah, I knew it was going to be a continuation of Breath of the Wild. Actually, Breath of the Wild scores lower on my Zelda-o-meter than I initially thought. My favorite Zelda game is still Twilight Princess followed by Ocarina of Time. Breath of the Wild would be #3 in my own personal list, but I haven’t played any of the Gameboy or DS games as I never owned any of the handheld systems. Skyward Sword has to be one of the worst games in the franchise that I’ve played. I remember being incredibly disappointed by this game and mainly it’s because of the horrible motion controls.

Never did play Skyward, but Twilight was great, a really creative Zelda game, I wish they would make it available on the Switch.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
« Reply #1572 on: June 29, 2020, 07:28:56 PM »
Never did play Skyward, but Twilight was great, a really creative Zelda game, I wish they would make it available on the Switch.

Me too! I’d buy it right now. I remember it came out on the Wii U in a remastered version, but I sold that system only about a couple of months of owning it. Looking back on it, I should’ve kept the Wii U just for Twilight Princess.