What game are you playing?

Started by DavidW, May 09, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I don't remember where that is in the game.  Did you get to the part with the full on assault of the city?  It's epic but hard.

As for most of those turret sections... those are tough!  I don't remember the game well enough, but I think I kept righting the turrets if they got knocked over.

I want to replay Knights of the Old Republic, but it won't run on windows 7 so I bought the xbox version and it is fun and cool playing it on the console. :)

ibanezmonster

Okay, David, here's where it is:

http://www.youtube.com/v/LiyOt2FLt2U&feature=related
I set up the turrets pretty much like this, but when I'm playing there are so many more soldiers that they end up knocking all 3 down at the same time. If I go to pick them up, by the time I set them up, I'm halfway dead and they knock down whatever I've just set up anyways. At the point where the turrets become useless, I've tried to hide in a dark room and shoot from there. However, despite being able to shoot fairly well, I run out of ammo (which I've had tons of) and die, because they just don't stop coming.

I might have to try this:

Quotethere's a more preparation intensive way to do this, but it's so easy. there's a balcony on the one side that leads back into a close hall. stack up crates to form stairs. then toss the turrets and some items up there. climb up and set up the turrets. sit back and let them handle the soldiers for you.

occasionally they may knock a turret out with a grenade, but they can't climb up there, and they can't hit you unless you come to the edge. this worked flawlessly the first time i tried it.

ibanezmonster

I tried the box strategy on the left side of the hallway. I made a pyramid of 6 boxes and a barrel at the top. I climbed on top of the barrel and was literally level with the railing. I tried jumping over the railing, because I was in position to do so. Apparently, it was preprogrammed to not allow you to jump onto the second story, because there was an invisible force that wouldn't let me cross over.

Before that, I watched another video of someone setting up the turrets. I tried to imitate what he did- keep them closer to me (halfway inside the room) and to use the gravity gun to pick them up and set them up again, instead of the A button. Same thing, though- it was so chaotic I couldn't do anything without dying instantly.

The only thing left to do to progress in the game is try to jump onto another area of the railing and hope it's not also invisibly blocked.

DavidW

Oh god I remember that now... I think I blocked it out.  That is crazy, crazy hard even with the turrets to help you.

Jaakko Keskinen

Assassin's creed 2 finished, now moving to Uncharted.

Huge improvement over Assassin's creed 1, and like Desmond said: "The subtitles, definitely a big plus!"
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

ibanezmonster

Quote from: DavidW on September 12, 2011, 06:40:12 PM
Oh god I remember that now... I think I blocked it out.  That is crazy, crazy hard even with the turrets to help you.
I'm going to see if it can fit on my friend's flash drive Monday or Tuesday and let him take it home. If he can get me past that part, I'm going to give him a tip. That's the only way.  ::) >:D

DavidW

Greg, I bet you can also get other people's saves files online...

jwinter

I just finished Fallout: New Vegas and have moved on to Divinity II.  Pretty good so far, though I'm largely killing time until the new Elder Scrolls game comes out...

[asin]B002QK00OI[/asin]
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

ibanezmonster

Quote from: DavidW on September 15, 2011, 05:15:51 AM
Greg, I bet you can also get other people's saves files online...
I didn't think of that. Good idea.  :)

DavidW

I got past a corrupt save on a game once that way. ;D

Quote from: jwinter on September 15, 2011, 05:18:58 AM
though I'm largely killing time until the new Elder Scrolls game comes out...

That's how I regard my game play right now as well.  I've even contemplated replaying Oblivion yet again! :D

jwinter

Quote from: DavidW on September 15, 2011, 07:08:06 AM
That's how I regard my game play right now as well.  I've even contemplated replaying Oblivion yet again! :D

I played it all the way through three times, did the same with Morrowind -- only times I've ever done that on an RPG.  Awesome series...

Mirror Image

I'm seriously looking forward to this game as I was a big fan of The Twilight Princess. I'm really anxious to see what kind of dungeons are in this one. I've always liked the Lake Bed Temple in The Twilight Princess. Any other Zelda fans out there?

DavidW

I played a bit of the first one... that was a long time ago!  It had was a gold cartridge. :D

Edit: stupid correction + I'm talking about Zelda for the original Nintendo if it's not clear.

jwinter

I received Twilight Princess as a gift, haven't started it yet.  I played Ocarina of Time back in the day...

Jaakko Keskinen

"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Mirror Image

Quote from: DavidW on September 16, 2011, 09:09:01 AM
I played a bit of the first one... that was a long time ago!  It had was a gold cartridge. :D

Edit: stupid correction + I'm talking about Zelda for the original Nintendo if it's not clear.

Yes, Dave. I played some 8-bit Zelda myself back in the day also. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: jwinter on September 16, 2011, 09:52:25 AM
I received Twilight Princess as a gift, haven't started it yet.  I played Ocarina of Time back in the day...

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game so far. It exceeded my expectations. I was incredibly happy with it overall, although I did find some parts of it annoying like having to change into a wolf, but that's just a small gripe. All great games have weak points, but thankfully the stronger ones outweigh those weaker moments.

Mirror Image

I'm really looking forward to playing the newly remastered Shadow of the Colossus on PS3. This will be the first of four game purchases I'm going to make. The other three being Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Rinaldo

Replayed LIMBO, the Steam version. Even better than the first time (on XBLA). Maybe the fact that I remembered solutions to some of the puzzles helped me immerse myself in the atmospherics more. I love how they intertwined its distinct art style with the gameplay itself.. it's not just a platformer with German Expressionism splashed over it.

Jaakko Keskinen

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 19, 2011, 01:54:02 PM
I'm really looking forward to playing the newly remastered Shadow of the Colossus on PS3. This will be the first of four game purchases I'm going to make. The other three being Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Pretty similar list to mine, except I would add also Skyrim. From what I have seen about that game it looks almost too good to be true.

Btw, Uncharted kicks ass! Who said that Naughty Dog can only do games for kids?

- Victor Hugo