What game are you playing?

Started by DavidW, May 09, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 13, 2011, 07:53:29 AM
I'm going to make one more purchase this year and it is this game:

Can't wait to play it. I've been waiting many years for a new Wii Zelda game to come out.

Very nice! The last Zelda I played was WindWaker, which was fun.

Rinaldo

Finished RAGE. It actually turned out to be quite a memorable experience. It's still just a straightforward shooter but its design shows lots of love poured into it. Lots of nods towards Doom as well. The overall feel is brilliant. My major gripe with the game are all those invisible walls. Conjuring such stunning landscapes and not allowing the player to explore them? Boo.

Also, the problems surrounding the PC version are a disaster, although I've been spared as the game works just fine on my system.

Lethevich

It is a really good game, and quite brutal to compare to a worse title like Duke Nukem Forever - especially as both are surprisingly unforgiving on high difficulty, made by old devs and have lengthy driving sections.

Id are ridiculous, though. I have a friend whose PC copy choose the un-tweakable "optimal" settings for him and it ran at 10fps. I've played it on 360 because a friend bought it, but if they hadn't I'd have picked it up secondhand to make sure that id got none of my money after all the foolishness :-\ I feel like a sucker for being one of the few supporting them on messageboards throughout all the "it looks like Borderlands", "it's brown lol" kiddy complaints from people who were too young to feel the impact of Quake 1, 2 and 3. Sadly the company seem to have forgotten how to make PC games, and ironically, also how to market their engines (which arguably Rage was the showcase for) with very mechanically and graphically stable releases.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 13, 2011, 09:44:47 AM

Very nice! The last Zelda I played was WindWaker, which was fun.

Yes, Skyward Sword looks very promising or at least from the video clips I've seen of it. What a minute, you didn't play The Twilight Princess? ???

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 13, 2011, 07:41:01 PM
Yes, Skyward Sword looks very promising or at least from the video clips I've seen of it. What a minute, you didn't play The Twilight Princess? ???

No,  :-[ 

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 13, 2011, 08:49:40 PM
No,  :-[

Do you own a Wii, Greg? If yes, then I highly recommend Twilight Princess. I'm not a big video game player and there are only a few titles I've enjoyed from childhood until now, but The Legend of Zelda series has always been one of the favorites. N64's Ocarina of Time changed Zelda forever and if you've followed the series up to Wind Waker, then you will be thrilled by how far it has come with Twilight Princess.

Mirror Image

I still have not gotten a reply back from Greg as to whether he owns a Wii or not? Well, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be available Nov. 20th, so I hope you're prepared for this great event. Also, please bare in mind, that this new Zelda game requires a Wii Motion Plus for your Wii Remote, so for those who don't have one, you will need get one. To those who already have one, ROCK ON!!! 8)

Lethevich

I have been finding myself increasingly experiencing the urge to replay this game - one of my favourite childhood experiences, so... I am. Shame the series didn't survive, the first 1.5 were pretty special.

ibanezmonster

Could you imagine how awesome it would be to play video games all day?...  :-\

(putting Planescape: Torment on hold- might be a while).

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on October 22, 2011, 06:51:05 PM
Could you imagine how awesome it would be to play video games all day?...  :-\

(putting Planescape: Torment on hold- might be a while).

I couldn't play video games all day. I don't have that kind of patience.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 22, 2011, 07:35:49 PM
I couldn't play video games all day. I don't have that kind of patience.
I think I would find it a challenge, too. My parents would limit me to an hour a day when I was a kid, though when I was a teenager, I had a Playstation in my room for a few years, I could get away with more (sometimes necessary, considering save point distances).

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on October 22, 2011, 08:04:42 PM
I think I would find it a challenge, too. My parents would limit me to an hour a day when I was a kid, though when I was a teenager, I had a Playstation in my room for a few years, I could get away with more (sometimes necessary, considering save point distances).

I enjoy video games, but there is a world outside of one's house whether we want to embrace that world is entirely up to the individual. This said, I wasn't particularly sociable growing up, but I was enough of an extravert to deal with boring people. I had to create my own fun most days.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 22, 2011, 08:11:42 PM
I enjoy video games, but there is a world outside of one's house whether we want to embrace that world is entirely up to the individual.
I wish this were true...  ::)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on October 22, 2011, 08:15:36 PM
I wish this were true...  ::)

Then who is up to? Who makes the choices in your life? You or your aunt?

lisa needs braces

I have done the unthinkable: paid $50 for a new game.

I have a huge backlog that would take me six years to finish were I to complete a single game a month (a pace I don't even keep as I usually only play multiplayer...not falling for those Steam sales again) so I don't normally feel the compulsion to spend money on new games as I got a bunch of untouched ones but I couldn't resist the pc version of Battlefield 3.

My FPS multiplayer for the next couple of years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqfFfuVuNE

Josquin des Prez

Quote from: -abe- on October 23, 2011, 01:04:37 AM
I have done the unthinkable: paid $50 for a new game.

What about the $1000+ upgrade needed in order to play the actual game?

Battlefield 3 looks awesome though. Finally a game that actually feels like it was made for the PC first and foremost. Well, at least the visuals and the multiplayer do. Single player looks like typical Call of Duty consolized crap, but hey, can't have everything.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 22, 2011, 08:19:14 PM
Then who is up to? Who makes the choices in your life? You or your aunt?
You can't "live in your parent's basement" forever is what I mean (what parent would let you?). Though, honestly, it beats many (though not all) alternatives.

Lethevich

Not playing this atm, but ran into this nicely made video and remember that I never did find that swing (I never bothered following a guide or anything):

http://www.youtube.com/v/1vyHRK1E1Ww

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

I'll play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat soon. I've seen a lot of Youtube videos, it seems to have an incredibly dark and creepy atmosphere, is open world, is a bit like RPGs and together with some available mods just great in graphics. Really looking forward.
He.. Because of the post Chernobyl setting, it seems to have complete day/night cycles in short moments?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmIXK35rm-U&feature=related

Great mood here:

http://www.youtube.com/v/pxWvt297aC8

ibanezmonster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FktL2pu2wE&feature=related

Battlefield 3 is coming out soon and has the most realistic graphics of any game I've seen yet.