What game are you playing?

Started by DavidW, May 09, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philoctetes

Quote from: Lethevich on May 10, 2012, 08:21:08 PM
Non :( It's made by a completely different design team and doesn't seem as fun as D2 - with free alternatives like Path of Exile, and the botched lack of multiplayer, it doesn't seem worth paying for.

Yes, but a better team. One of the leads was instrumental in crafting the best game ever made: Arcanum.

Lethevich

Quote from: Philoctetes on May 10, 2012, 08:39:05 PM
Yes, but a better team. One of the leads was instrumental in crafting the best game ever made: Arcanum.

But the creator of my favourite game of all time (Deus Ex 1) went on to dedicate two decades of his life to the "Epic Mickey" series. Most developers from that era are now involved in terrible mobile games. I'm not too swayed by reputation, as much as I like Arcanum (the only game where playing a 1 int ogre actually has dialogue benefits as well as downsides).
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

chasmaniac

Settlers Online. Suits my low energy lifestyle.
If I have exhausted the justifications, I have reached bedrock and my spade is turned. Then I am inclined to say: "This is simply what I do."  --Wittgenstein, PI §217

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

X³ Terran Conflict. Also bought Albion Prelude, a newer Addon with some refinements, but as I'm a newbie I first want to have some solid plot lines (basically it's a simulation / sandbox game - you can do whatever you want). You can get it from Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/2820/
On my new computer it's running very decent (constant 60 FPS@1920x1200 plus VSync on, 4 Frames precalculated)... It's CPU intensive and supports only one core, so it's good if you have a powerful cpu. I've got that 3.4 GhZ fastest Sandybridge CPU.

I was new to the genre; and I'm completely fascinated. Veeeeery time consuming. No time for real sunlight, also I won't play Arma II as I've planned before...

Brian

Quote from: -abe- on April 15, 2012, 08:40:26 PM
Gaming while listening to classical. Yay or nay?  :D

My favorite computer game of all time, Europa Universalis II, which I played more or less every day of my life from age 13-16, featured a soundtrack entirely licensed from BIS. Every century of gameplay (1419-1819) featured BIS recordings of music from that century.

Mirror Image

Has anyone here played Max Payne 3 yet? I was just curious. It looks like a cool game. I've read reviews of it which seem generally favorable, but I'd like to hear from someone here.

DavidW

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 18, 2012, 02:54:44 PM
Has anyone here played Max Payne 3 yet? I was just curious. It looks like a cool game. I've read reviews of it which seem generally favorable, but I'd like to hear from someone here.

I was waiting for you! :D

DavidW

Max Payne 3 is so awesome!  It's the best shooter I've played in years. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: DavidW on May 21, 2012, 04:28:28 PMMax Payne 3 is so awesome!  It's the best shooter I've played in years. :)

That's it...I'm buying it tomorrow! I've got a $20 gift card from Gamestop, so I'll soon be joining you, Dave. By the way, have you played any of the multiplayer yet?

DavidW

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 21, 2012, 04:54:33 PM
That's it...I'm buying it tomorrow! I've got a $20 gift card from Gamestop, so I'll soon be joining you, Dave. By the way, have you played any of the multiplayer yet?

Awesome!! 8)

I haven't played the multiplayer, not really into that kind of thing.

Mirror Image

Sadly, I didn't pick up Max Payne 3 today. I think I'll just wait for it to become a Greatest Hits or for the price to be lowered to $39. I've got some unfinished business to take care of with Uncharted 3, which I haven't even beat yet and I still need to finish Rayman Origins. Red Dead Redemption is another game I own that I've hardly played at all. With all of this going on, I really want to replay Batman: Arkham City, which is the best comic book game I've played.

DavidW

I also own Red Dead and haven't played it nearly enough.

PaulR

I just finished ME3.  It truly is a beautiful game.

DavidW

Quote from: PaulR on May 26, 2012, 11:25:25 AM
I just finished ME3.  It truly is a beautiful game.

Awesome!!

Rinaldo

Sunk about 20 hours into Diablo 3. Not a fan of the series but I've enjoyed this one, it's simple & clichéd but pretty engrossing nonetheless and the 'story' (if you can call it that) managed to grip me. I wish the higher difficulty was there from the beginning, though - it makes the game much more interesting. But that's how Diablo is meant to work, I guess: you play it once to learn it, then you start over and the 'real' game begins.

But I hate, hate, HATE the fact you need to be online to play even the singleplayer.

I've also finished Rock of Ages and had tons of fun. A pythonesque game where you control Sisyphus' rock to roll over historical figures to the sound of Mozart's Dies Irae? Instant win!

Mirror Image

Bought this new for $18 today:

This is supposedly one of the best NBA games of all-time. We shall see. I've always been a fan of the NBA 2K series.

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 05, 2012, 08:05:41 PM
Bought this new for $18 today:
I would buy NBA 2k12 and Twisted Metal right now if games weren't so expensive. By the time 2k12 is a price I'd like, 2k13 will be out.  ::)
(Twisted Metal I'll get eventually, though...)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on June 06, 2012, 07:53:04 AM
I would buy NBA 2k12 and Twisted Metal right now if games weren't so expensive. By the time 2k12 is a price I'd like, 2k13 will be out.  ::)
(Twisted Metal I'll get eventually, though...)

I just want one basketball game for the PS3 and 2K11 seems like a safe bet. 2K12 looked interesting but 2K11 was a lot cheaper and had more positive reviews than 2K12.