What game are you playing?

Started by DavidW, May 09, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 10, 2012, 05:04:34 PM

When buying this game, I considered the positive/negative aspects of it and just totally went with my gut. As turns out, I'm glad I did. This is turning out to be one of the better PS3 games I've played. There really haven't been that many IMHO. What impressed me so much is the intense story this game carries throughout. I haven't beat the game (yet), but I just wanted to tell Dave (DavidW) wherever you are that you're totally right on the money with your opinion of this game. I'm glad I listened to your high praises about Max Payne 3.

Awesome!  I wondered if you did go there.  Now I guess we're both waiting on RE6. :)

ibanezmonster

DavidW

k.vermont

Lately, I have been playing PSP Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Truth is so rare that it is delightful to tell it

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

I'm playing the BETA of Carrier Command. It is a remake of a 1980s Atari game. Release is on 28th September. It's a very interesting concept. A mix between Strategy and Action game. You and your enemy have one Carrier which hold 4 Mantas (airial fighters) and 4 Walrusses (drive in water and on land). The task is to either destroy the enemies carrier or to conquer all island (there are 33). You can either control your vehicles remotely (AI takes over then, you see what they do in a top right PIP window) or you can control them directly.

Original Carrier Command:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CyUP-1_boM

Remake/Lets play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1jFaN-BEc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW6GGnkey_s
[that guy has 3 more parts]

Rinaldo

Ha, nice to se Carrier Command getting some love. I've played the original a lot as a kid and twenty years later, I did interview the fellow Czechs who are developing this remake. Lots of genuine enthusiasm on their part. Hope the final product lives up to its potential.

Mirror Image

Quote from: DavidW on August 27, 2012, 04:58:32 PM
Awesome!  I wondered if you did go there.  Now I guess we're both waiting on RE6. :)

Welcome back, Davey Boy! I haven't beat Max Payne 3 yet, but I did just get this with an in-store credit:

Looking foward to playing this one.

stingo

Given all the hype that Darksiders II has been getting I decided to return to the original to play through it first. A great game but I'm having a hard time controlling it via keyboard, so I'm looking at getting a wireless receiver for my xbox 360 controller or getting a wired one.

[asin]B0047T7UDU[/asin]

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Quote from: Rinaldo on September 01, 2012, 05:42:26 PMHa, nice to se Carrier Command getting some love. I've played the original a lot as a kid and twenty years later, I did interview the fellow Czechs who are developing this remake. Lots of genuine enthusiasm on their part. Hope the final product lives up to its potential.
I didn't play the original game. I hope the game won't be too repetetive - simply because there are many islands, but basically the same buildings and tansks. They should make the enemy hard to crack, and the enemy AI variable, interesting, with random elements...

lisa needs braces

So I googled my Starcraft 2 account name, and it turns out that two guys casted a game I played on the 4th of July and uploaded it to youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQSp0wJvGcQ

Since I, the terran, lose, it's likely that the other player uploaded the replay and asked them to comment on it. Haha. I just wish I didn't play so bad. :(

ibanezmonster

(from PS network)

Played an hour of this today, since my brother bought it. Very fun, silly game. I suppose that in this world, it's okay for police to shoot a kid to death for vandalism. Lol...

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: Greg on September 21, 2012, 09:23:50 AM

(from PS network)

Played an hour of this today, since my brother bought it. Very fun, silly game. I suppose that in this world, it's okay for police to shoot a kid to death for vandalism. Lol...

For this game to make any sort of sense, you would have had to been a teenager in the 1990s and actually be able to recall what aggressive inline roller blading is.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: CaughtintheGaze on September 21, 2012, 09:29:53 AM
For this game to make any sort of sense, you would have had to been a teenager in the 1990s and actually be able to recall what aggressive inline roller blading is.
None of those fit me.  :D
Became a teenager at the end of the year 2000 and never got into any type of skateboarding or roller blading. I like the game, though- fun, fast, arcade-style, almost like a style between Crazy Taxi and Katamari Demacy. Also notable for being the first cel-shaded game.

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: Greg on September 21, 2012, 09:36:09 AM
None of those fit me.  :D
Became a teenager at the end of the year 2000 and never got into any type of skateboarding or roller blading. I like the game, though- fun, fast, arcade-style, almost like a style between Crazy Taxi and Katamari Demacy. Also notable for being the first cel-shaded game.

Well that might explain why the 'rebellion' element really doesn't come across as clear. I think the game is super fun. Love the music, and the crazy antics you can pull off whilst playing.

stingo

Quote from: stingo on September 02, 2012, 06:32:44 AM
Given all the hype that Darksiders II has been getting I decided to return to the original to play through it first. A great game but I'm having a hard time controlling it via keyboard, so I'm looking at getting a wireless receiver for my xbox 360 controller or getting a wired one.

[asin]B0047T7UDU[/asin]

Picked up a wired controller and am loving Darksiders. 3 bosses down and at least two to go.

Geo Dude

I hadn't played video games for a month or two (other hobbies got in the way) but I found myself thinking about Metal Gear Solid 3 so I booted up the PS3 with the HD Collection.  I made a no-kill run (my first) through 3 on normal mode focusing on collecting the various plants and animals that I haven't found before (I'm a trophy collector :D) and getting all the cool camo (and one awesome weapon) that you get when you run through the bosses with tranquilizers.  I'm sure I'll be going back to make a second run on that save to finish off the animals and plants I wasn't able to find previously and to hone my sneaking skills before I move onto harder modes.  In the meantime I've started Peace Walker.  Long game with plenty of opportunities to replay missions to level your weapons and your crew.  That should last me a while.  One of these days MGS2 will draw me back in, too:  I was in the process of doing a dog tags run on easy mode when cooking got in the way of gaming.

By the way, good call on Jet Grind Radio.  I never had the opportunity to play it, but I've had a lot of fun with the sequel Jet Set Radio Future, which is supposed to be inferior to the original.

Rinaldo

What game are you playing? Dark Souls.

Dark Souls.

Dark Souls.

Dark Souls.

Dark. Souls!

DavidW

I'm going to play Silent Hill: Homecoming and then we should be in October when the games start releasing again.

In October (if I have free time sigh) I plan on playing: Resident Evil 6, Dishonored and the remastered Doom 3.

I tried replaying DA: Origins but find that I'm not into the game like I was when it came out.  I think I'll continue my Mass Effect replay with #2 soon.

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: CaughtintheGaze on August 22, 2012, 02:28:01 PM
These:
[asin]B001IK1BJ0[/asin]

Holy cow was the last boss in this game irritating. I loved the Arcanum-like conclusion though, and will definitely be replaying this a few times through. Really good stuff.

DavidW

Quote from: CaughtintheGaze on September 23, 2012, 10:57:40 AM
Holy cow was the last boss in this game irritating.

Oh yes!  An update removed the difficulty spikes though, apparently that wasn't a virtue of the game but a technical bug. :D