What game are you playing?

Started by DavidW, May 09, 2010, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Geo Dude on October 31, 2012, 03:47:33 PM
I caught Shadow the first time around, but not Ico.  I've loved Shadow of the Colossus dearly since then and even have the soundtrack.  I certainly agree with you about Mario Galaxy but haven't played enough of Twilight Princess yet to make the call...and yes, Rayman Origins is on the buying list when I can get some money together. :)  By the way, if you like borderline masochistic, very old school platformer/action games, Maximo is available for $10 on PSN.  I've always felt that game (and the sequel) were two underrated classics (perhaps minor classics, but classics nonetheless) on PS2.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a game you'll either love or hate. For me, I hated it at first, but I was patient with it and it really picked up after that slow beginning. Once you enter that first dungeon, it's pretty much non-stop action and puzzles. The game isn't too difficult. I remember there were a few places where I became frustrated, but what's the point of a game if it doesn't challenge you? I don't know if I'll buy any more games right now. I'm having a lot of fun with the three I mentioned. The new Assassin's Creed III looks great. I especially like the time frame it takes place in: the American Revolution. Sounds quite promising. There are still a few games I'm waiting on: The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Tomb Raider, and Hitman: Absolution. All of these games look promising.

CaughtintheGaze

Skate 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Nier

Geo Dude

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 31, 2012, 06:34:06 PM
I don't know if I'll buy any more games right now.

You may not, but I have!  I downloaded Okami HD yesterday. :D  (And Crash Bandicoot 2 with the money left over.)  Currently I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus, but as soon as I'm done I'll be diving straight into Okami.

Quote from: CaughtintheGaze on November 01, 2012, 05:24:04 PM
Skate 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Nier

Let me know what you think of Nier.  It seems to be a love-or-hate game.

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: Geo Dude on November 04, 2012, 09:09:23 AM
Let me know what you think of Nier.  It seems to be a love-or-hate game.

I absolutely adore it. It's easily one of the most depressing games I've ever come across.

ibanezmonster

Having fun with Postal 2.

Here's my collected pile of violent video game protesters (had to kick them across the hall to meet up with each other, but a couple were stuck under doorways and couldn't move them):

Here's me peeing on their charred corpses:

>:D >:D >:D ;D

Rinaldo

Stuck at the final boss of Hotline Miami and while I hate the fight, the whole game is tremendous. It's been labeled as a top down fuck 'em up and rightly so. It's Drive crossed with The Wild Bunch and David Lynch. And the soundtrack is ace.

Geo Dude

I'm nine hours into Okami and it's delightful.  The game is still strikingly beautiful nine hours in and contrary to most games I'm just getting started at this point.  (Think of how many games take nine hours to finish.)  I love grand, Zelda-style adventures.

Rinaldo

Quote from: Geo Dude on November 08, 2012, 04:16:43 PM
I'm nine hours into Okami and it's delightful.  The game is still strikingly beautiful nine hours in and contrary to most games I'm just getting started at this point.  (Think of how many games take nine hours to finish.)  I love grand, Zelda-style adventures.

Well, you're in for one GRAND adventure. The game is HUGE.

And absolutely amazing, of course.

Geo Dude

Quote from: Rinaldo on November 08, 2012, 04:39:41 PM
Well, you're in for one GRAND adventure. The game is HUGE.

And absolutely amazing, of course.

Indeed. :)

I originally played Okami on PS2 but never made it all the way through (I'll make sure to rectify that this time) and when I heard there was an HD remake coming out I downloaded it, of course.  This is the third time I've bought the game and have no regrets.  I hope this new release gives Okami a second-wind as it was heavily under-rated back in the day.

stingo

Speaking of long games - still on Darksiders II.

Geo Dude

the Assassin's Creed Trilogy came in today and I've started on Assassin's Creed 2.  I've been hearing a lot about this series for a while and was looking forward to this.  It's pretty impressive up to this point.  I can see why people (or at least Metal Gear Solid fans :)) like it.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Geo Dude on November 19, 2012, 04:58:10 PM
the Assassin's Creed Trilogy came in today and I've started on Assassin's Creed 2.  I've been hearing a lot about this series for a while and was looking forward to this.  It's pretty impressive up to this point.  I can see why people (or at least Metal Gear Solid fans :)) like it.

I don't like Assassin's Creed. Any of them...well I haven't played the new one. I never was impressed with the game's controls. Ubisoft makes some good games, but the best game they ever made, IMHO, is Rayman Origins, but, when I buy a Wii U, I'll definitely be getting Rayman Legends.

stingo

Started with the original Assassin's Creed - pretty good so far (going through Damascus now).

Geo Dude

I'll go back and try 1 at some point in the future.  I'd heard many great things about 2 (in comparison to 1) and decided to start there.  It didn't hurt that a trilogy pack was being released for $40.

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Mirror Image

I'm definitely going to be buying a new Wii U, but only when all this hoopla and shortage mayhem settles. I'll probably buy one around March (my birthday month). I'll definitely take a week off from work to test drive and tweak this new Nintendo.

Mirror Image

These two Wii U games will definitely be purchases along with the new system:

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: Geo Dude on November 20, 2012, 10:18:55 AM
I'll go back and try 1 at some point in the future.  I'd heard many great things about 2 (in comparison to 1) and decided to start there.  It didn't hurt that a trilogy pack was being released for $40.

Ending of No. 2 will leave you speechless.

Geo Dude

Quote from: CaughtintheGaze on November 20, 2012, 11:50:21 AM
Ending of No. 2 will leave you speechless.

I'm looking forward to it.  What I've read indicates that it's a Metal Gear Solid 2 level of mind-screwery and I love MGS2. :D  That said, with so much to do in the game I feel comfortable taking my time.

Mirror Image

Anyone going to get the Wii U? I know you're probably not Geo Dude since it hasn't been long since you bought a PS3. :)