Dvorak's Den

Started by hornteacher, April 07, 2007, 06:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewski

Quote from: Olias on April 22, 2022, 03:46:23 PM
I've just added my analysis video for the 6th Symphony to my Dvorak blog if anyone is interested.

https://dvorakshack.blogspot.com

Thanks, I'm going to check this out! The Sixth is my favorite at the moment (and IMHO a bit underrated, given the attention to 7, 8, and 9). I also subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Which orchestra and conductor did you choose?

--Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."

- Alfred Schnittke

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY

Olias

Quote from: Brewski on April 22, 2022, 03:53:20 PM
Thanks, I'm going to check this out! The Sixth is my favorite at the moment (and IMHO a bit underrated, given the attention to 7, 8, and 9). I also subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Which orchestra and conductor did you choose?

--Bruce

Aww thanks.  My YT channel is rather random but it has a lot of content.  :)  The performances of the Dvorak are the Rowicki/LSO cycle, not my personal favorite but still good.  I only used that one because YT didn't block it on copyright grounds (as long as I don't monetize my channel, which I don't plan to do anyway).
"It is the artists of the world, the feelers, and the thinkers who will ultimately save us." - Leonard Bernstein

Brewski

Just listened to the finale (my favorite), and liked what you've done. Haven't heard the Rowicki/LSO cycle, but yes, quite good. (My fave is Dohnányi/Cleveland.)

Coincidentally, I've been working with a small company on their YouTube videos, and we've run into similar copyright issues (which were successfully resolved). Interesting how the platform is able to survey and identify uploads so quickly.

--Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."

- Alfred Schnittke

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY

Olias

Quote from: Brewski on April 22, 2022, 04:23:19 PM
Interesting how the platform is able to survey and identify uploads so quickly.

Yeah, I've noticed though it often identifies the wrong orchestra/conductor.  It also actually made a claim against one of my own published compositions that I had to get taken off.
"It is the artists of the world, the feelers, and the thinkers who will ultimately save us." - Leonard Bernstein

Olias

New Addition to my Dvorak Blog:

Analysis video of Dvorak's String Quintet #3 "American"

https://dvorakshack.blogspot.com

Olias