- Amadeus 6:26

Mozart

"I am the musical tree, eat of my fruit and your spirit shall rejoiceth!"

Que

Probably Bruch's violin concerto.

Q

Mozart

It has like counterpoint i think...I haven't heard Bruch's violin concerto in so many years that i doubt it would get into my head :(

Mozart

hmm it was def not Bruch, but I can see how it sounds similar, I haven't heard that rondo for at least 3 years. It sounds in my head like a string quartet, or just something mainly with strings.

DavidW

It sounds a bit like Tybalt's theme from Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet (you know it pops in anytime that he does) but from that sample it could be anything.

greg

Quote from: DavidW on May 27, 2010, 02:37:34 PM
It sounds a bit like Tybalt's theme from Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet (you know it pops in anytime that he does) but from that sample it could be anything.
No way he'd ever listen to Prokofiev and like it, though.

Probably, you should just relisten to the Beethoven SQs, Elias.

Bogey

She's my little deuce coupe
You don't know what I got.....
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

greg

Quote from: erato on June 04, 2010, 10:52:54 PM
Is that a comment on your avatar?
My avatar may be creepy, but for some reason the picture of those guys seems even creepier.

(not that they look creepy individually, because they don't- it's what they're wearing, their smiles, their hair, hand positions, and how they are looking at you, all together in a too interested way...)  :-X

Scarpia

Quote from: Greg on June 05, 2010, 03:03:05 PM
My avatar may be creepy, but for some reason the picture of those guys seems even creepier.

I don't find you avatar in the least bit creepy, just extremely irritating.

DavidW

I think that all animated gifs are irritating, and it's really terrible when used as an avatar.  I actually used adblock to block Greg's avatar.  Sorry Greg, but it is really annoying.

Scarpia

Quote from: DavidW on June 06, 2010, 12:45:25 PM
I think that all animated gifs are irritating, and it's really terrible when used as an avatar.  I actually used adblock to block Greg's avatar.  Sorry Greg, but it is really annoying.

How do you configure adblock to block Greg's avatar?  I suppose if I put Greg on my ignore list I'll still see the avatar, along with the message that the post content has been blocked?

Opus106

Quote from: Scarpia on June 06, 2010, 01:19:57 PM
How do you configure adblock to block Greg's avatar?  I suppose if I put Greg on my ignore list I'll still see the avatar, along with the message that the post content has been blocked?

If you have Adblock+ (Firefox) installed, right-click on the avatar and choose AdBlock Plus: Block image.... In the pop-up window, you'll be ask to choose the pattern to block (i.e., whether any URI that contains the site's name, any image from the site, only that image, etc.) If you want only the current image to be blocked, choose the first option which is the URI of the image and click Add Filter. No picture or message, it'll be as clean as your avatar. :)

P.S.: In Greg's case he has hot-linked the image from an external site. Care must be taken when trying to block an avatar which has been uploaded to GMG's server. If not, you could end up blocking everyone's avatars.
Regards,
Navneeth

Scarpia

Quote from: Opus106 on June 06, 2010, 01:50:24 PM
If you have Adblock+ (Firefox) installed, right-click on the avatar and choose AdBlock Plus: Block image.... In the pop-up window, you'll be ask to choose the pattern to block (i.e., whether any URI that contains the site's name, any image from the site, only that image, etc.) If you want only the current image to be blocked, choose the first option which is the URI of the image and click Add Filter. No picture or message, it'll be as clean as your avatar. :)

I right clicked and didn't see any reference to "Adblock Plus" but did see an option for blocking all images from the URL.  I did it and it seemed to work, presumably from a Firefox built in capability.  Is Adblock some sort of plugin with greater capabilities that I should have?

greg

Don't worry about it now.
My new one says, "Laughter: Sometimes it's not that great of a medicine."

Scarpia

Quote from: Scarpia on June 06, 2010, 03:31:55 PM
I right clicked and didn't see any reference to "Adblock Plus" but did see an option for blocking all images from the URL.  I did it and it seemed to work, presumably from a Firefox built in capability.  Is Adblock some sort of plugin with greater capabilities that I should have?

I see that Greg has switched to a nearly-as-irritating Avatar that is uploaded to GMG itself, so I can't block it without blocking all GMG graphics.  However, I've put Greg on my ignore list and his Avatar is hidden.  So that works, I don't see posts from Greg, but the Avatar is gone.  Such a feeling of empowerment!  I'm a happy camper again.   ;D

Opus106

Quote from: Scarpia on June 06, 2010, 03:31:55 PM
Is Adblock some sort of plugin with greater capabilities that I should have?

YES! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/ Imagine a world without Internet ads.
Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

Thanks Greg!  I won't block your new one, I'm glad to see it not in motion. :)