Schubert Lieder

Started by Harry, June 19, 2007, 02:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Guess what?
My woman friend came back with this box, that I had given back to her!
She saw my postings of all the Carl Loewe cd's with Lieder.
So she figured I would be maybe interested again to accept this gift.
Second offering, isn't she sweet.
So I kissed her and took it gratefully.
I guess I am ready now!
Boris bug I am sure.

Que

Harry, are you telling us that you've been miraculously cured of "Vibrato-Sopranitis"?  :o :o :o

;D

Q

Harry

Quote from: Que on June 19, 2007, 02:50:38 AM
Harry, are you telling us that you've been miraculously cured of "Vibrato-Sopranitis"?  :o :o :o

;D

Q

No, but she told me if I could stomach Loewe, I could stomach Schubert, that's why.
I stay sceptical, but my tolerance has been stretched lately! :)

Que

Quote from: Harry on June 19, 2007, 02:57:27 AM
No, but she told me if I could stomach Loewe, I could stomach Schubert, that's why.
I stay sceptical, but my tolerance has been stretched lately! :)

You have very generous friends. Keep us posted on the Schubert Lieder adventure! :)

Q

Harry

Quote from: Que on June 19, 2007, 03:12:16 AM
You have very generous friends. Keep us posted on the Schubert Lieder adventure! :)

Q

That may take a while, for I plan to post only if I played the whole box at least twice, before I can say anything. ;D

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Harry on June 19, 2007, 03:17:06 AM
That may take a while, for I plan to post only if I played the whole box at least twice, before I can say anything. ;D

Okay then. We'll expect a report no later than August 15, 2009

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Harry

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 19, 2007, 04:49:59 AM
Okay then. We'll expect a report no later than August 15, 2009

Sarge

Done Sarge! ;D

uffeviking

Harry, you didn't tell us who is singing, and I can't read it on the box you posted. One artist doing all of them? Pianist?  ???

Que

Quote from: uffeviking on June 19, 2007, 06:22:10 AM
Harry, you didn't tell us who is singing, and I can't read it on the box you posted. One artist doing all of them? Pianist?  ???

Uffe, don't you remember? :)

It's the Hyperion Schubert Edition!

Q

Harry

Quote from: uffeviking on June 19, 2007, 06:22:10 AM

As Que, said Lis I posted that one before, and there was a story which now continues.

uffeviking

Thank you all, Gentlemen, for jogging my memory! Actually, I missed the original post, sorry, but time is limited at times. I promise I shall keep better track of this continuing story, looking forward to 15th August, 2009, for the next installment!  ;D

knight66

I think that something more life enhancing for us all would be Harry letting us in on his secrets to making and developing the sort of friendships he has recently been hinting as....all these sugar mommies! They even re-offer rejected and spurned gifts and take the protesting one for a grand night out!

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Harry

Quote from: knight on June 19, 2007, 09:12:30 AM
I think that something more life enhancing for us all would be Harry letting us in on his secrets to making and developing the sort of friendships he has recently been hinting as....all these sugar mommies! They even re-offer rejected and spurned gifts and take the protesting one for a grand night out!

Mike

I was and am very lucky in my choice of ladies, that's all. 8)
Or rather they choose me, yes that's the issue, they somehow find me! :)

uffeviking

Some day, Sir, some day you will grace us with a photographic replica of yourself so we, the ladies at GMG, or gentlemen - can judge for ourselves if a search for you is a worthwhile activity.  :-\

knight66

Pheromones.....its probably all in the pheromones.

Mike

uffeviking

Snapshots won't work then, eh?

There, they have been able to send men to the moon but have not invented electronic transfers of pheromones!  :(

knight66

Scratch and sniff photos might serve, though....Iago might then want to muscle in with his bodily gas displays as claimed on some other thread.

Mike

Steve

Quote from: Harry on June 19, 2007, 09:41:02 AM

It's that darn animal magnetism, Harry  ;)

knight66

Quote from: Harry on June 19, 2007, 09:41:02 AM

Zero Mostel says much the same in The Producers......Little old lady land plundered to finance his next flop.

Mike

uffeviking

If we don't return to Schubert pretty soon, some conservative, overzealous moderator might send this conversation to the Diner!   :(