Tchaikovsky
1 (2.9%)
Rachmaninov
1 (2.9%)
Rimsky Korsakov
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Josquin des Prez

I see your taste in men runs right along your taste in music.

greg

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2010, 05:19:59 PM

I looked at her other pictures. I retract that.

How about
Litha Efthymiou?

I have her twin sister as a friend on myspace.

I also have this one super hot Slovakian girl on myspace whose uncle (or was it grandpa? i forgot) was a composer. She linked me to his music, and I listened to some of it, though I couldn't understand what the titles meant. On her profile's music player, she has doom metal, Penderecki, and is a fan of Schnittke, Mahler, and Prokofiev. Of course, you just don't meet people like this in real life.

Now... if she were a composer, I'd have her picture in this thread!  8)

greg

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on June 26, 2010, 05:48:19 PM
I see your taste in men runs right along your taste in music.
For a second, I thought that comment was directed at Saul, which made me laugh.

Saul

Quote from: Teresa on June 26, 2010, 05:41:55 PM
Saul I would have voted for you myself, you are easily the best looking of the bunch.  I looked at all the composers portraits in Wikipedia and they are an ugly looking bunch, the least offensive-looking IMHO was Edvard Grieg.

Thank you Teresa!

not edward

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2010, 07:28:15 PM
On her profile's music player, she has doom metal, Penderecki, and is a fan of Schnittke, Mahler, and Prokofiev. Of course, you just don't meet people like this in real life.
I don't know: I've dated a couple of girls like that in the past. :)
"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

Luke

Don't make poor Greg drool....

Bulldog

I looked at her other pictures. I retract that.

How about
Litha Efthymiou?

I have her twin sister as a friend on myspace.

I also have this one super hot Slovakian girl on myspace whose uncle (or was it grandpa? i forgot) was a composer. She linked me to his music, and I listened to some of it, though I couldn't understand what the titles meant. On her profile's music player, she has doom metal, Penderecki, and is a fan of Schnittke, Mahler, and Prokofiev. Of course, you just don't meet people like this in real life.

Sure you can.  Just hop an airplane and visit her; sounds like she'd love to get together with you.  Would be an excellent adventure.

greg

Quote from: Bulldog on June 27, 2010, 08:45:48 AM
Sure you can.  Just hop an airplane and visit her; sounds like she'd love to get together with you.  Would be an excellent adventure.
Yeah... hundreds of dollars in debt later...

of course, the only girl that wants me to get on a plane and visit her is this boring girl from Columbia. I hate to say it like this, but she's kinda like half the reason I stay offline for Facebook chat.  :-X

Quote from: edward on June 27, 2010, 08:40:19 AM
I don't know: I've dated a couple of girls like that in the past. :)
Where do you live? Magical Adventure Fairy Land?  :o

Lethevich

Quote from: Greg on June 27, 2010, 04:34:28 PM
Yeah... hundreds of dollars in debt later...
Wouldn't it be worth the debt? Life is for living.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

greg

Quote from: Lethe on June 27, 2010, 05:04:35 PM
Wouldn't it be worth the debt? Life is for living.
It would be worth the debt the week or so I'd be there. After that, no...
(of course, this is all theoretical anyways- not like she invited me to her country, nor would I expect anything wild like that)

knight66

Greg, You could invest in a passport so that just in case......

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

The only other country I'll be going to anytime soon will be Japan, sometime next year, if I'm able to work at this job I'm trying to get long enough to where $2000 doesn't hurt me too much financially.

springrite

Now... if she were a composer, I'd have her picture in this thread!  8)

I once met a girl online who likes Mahler, Bach, Stockhausen, and S&M, among other things. After six months, she flew TO ME in Los Angeles (she was in China) and we had two weeks together. I won't say any more than this before it gets too hot for this forum, but you do meet all kinds of people in real life. There are billions of people so there are endless possibilities. You just have to let yourself go sometimes.  ;D
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

greg

Quote from: springrite on June 28, 2010, 08:51:08 AM
I once met a girl online who likes Mahler, Bach, Stockhausen, and S&M, among other things. After six months, she flew TO ME in Los Angeles (she was in China) and we had two weeks together. I won't say any more than this before it gets too hot for this forum, but you do meet all kinds of people in real life. There are billions of people so there are endless possibilities. You just have to let yourself go sometimes.  ;D
lol sounds cool...
btw, that composer, S&M wrote some strange music.

knight66

Floristan, are thay all supposed to be good looking? A couple of nich-market entries there.

Mike

Florestan

Quote from: knight on June 29, 2010, 08:58:26 AM
Floristan, are thay all supposed to be good looking? A couple of nich-market entries there.

I have no interest in men whatsoever --- but they somehow look good to me.  :)

knight66

Well, I shall not ever send you out to buy a loaf of bread; you might return with a spanner.  8)

Mike

Florestan

Quote from: knight on June 29, 2010, 10:17:42 AM
Well, I shall not ever send you out to buy a loaf of bread; you might return with a spanner.  8)

Mike

:D

Now seriously, what'so odd about them?

knight66

Styles change; but Bizet needs a makeover and Rachmaninov looks like a vampire.

Mike