Baa! A sheep meanders in!

Started by Carnivorous Sheep, July 17, 2010, 03:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivorous Sheep

Hello everyone!

My name's Michael, and I'm currently a student at NYU, though right now I'm at home in Boulder, Colorado for summer break.

I've enjoyed listening to classical music for quite some years now, though I have neither formal education nor training in music. I do played the violin, quite averagely, the piano poorly, and the clarinet terribly however  =P

I'm generally a fan of the Romantic era, and I would say my two favorite composers are Beethoven and Schubert, and my interests gravitate towards orchestral works and symphonies, though I'm also quite partial to piano, and quite open to most other mediums.

Cheers everyone =)
Baa?

Lethevich

Welcome! Nice to see another gamer here amongst all us casuals ;D
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Brian

Welcome indeed! I just graduated from Rice, so I think you're an east coast elitist  ;) , but I'm home for the summer too. Hope you love this forum as much as I do (*points at post count*). Beethoven and Schubert symphonies always great stuff. Just listened to Beethoven's Second yesterday (and the Fifth the day before). Cheers and make yourself at home.

Also, I know a girl at NYU law. Her name's Alice. She's kind of creepy, and we've actually never met but one time I overheard a conversation where she said all sorts of nice things about me. There is context for this, but it only makes the story slightly less weird.

~ Brian

CD

Hello CS! Where is your avatar from?

Mirror Image

Welcome aboard!

Beethoven and Schubert were never favorites of mine, but I hope you use this forum as a resource to hopefully discover other composers that you, otherwise, would never have been exposed to.

I look forward to your contributions.

greg

Welcome to the insane asylum, my friend!  8)

Hollywood

Greetings from Beethoven's and Schubert's Vienna, Michael. Welcome to the forum.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

The new erato

Welcome! Sheep may safely graze, here.

knight66

Another welcome. Hope you have plenty to say. Plenty of material about Beethoven and Schubert via 'search'.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

False_Dmitry

And a warm vegetarian welcome from me to a carnivorous sheep :)  Enjoy the boards :)

"Of all the NOISES known to Man, OPERA is the most expensive" - Moliere

david johnson

jowcol

Ditto.  Love your handle....
"If it sounds good, it is good."
Duke Ellington

bhodges

Hi Michael, and welcome to GMG.  Another NYC denizen here, and although I'm most comfortable with contemporary music, I do enjoy plenty of Beethoven and Schubert now and then.

Have a good time; there are many fine people here with a lot of knowledge about different composers and their work.

--Bruce