Physical Fitness

Started by MN Dave, July 27, 2010, 08:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

I beat people up.  That seems to be all the physical activity I need.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Elgarian

Quote from: jhar26 on July 27, 2010, 01:11:55 PM
Always too far, Alan.  :D
I suspected as much. I bet the ash tray is a heavy one, too.

MN Dave

Quote from: Todd on July 27, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
I beat people up.  That seems to be all the physical activity I need.

:D

Harpo

Quote from: MN Dave on July 27, 2010, 08:21:59 AM
Exercises. What do you like? I take walks/jog and bike. Sometimes I swim. Now I want to work on upper body strength: push-ups, grippers for hand strength.

I like to take aerobics classes which involve dance--Jazzercise, Zumba, Hiphop. The music and choreography distract me from the actual exercising. I also like yoga, and have re-started the weight machines, which aren't fun but they don't take too long to do.
If music be the food of love, hold the mayo.

rubio

I do jogging 3-4 times per week, walking + I play some tennis. I also did ashtanga yoga which I liked a lot, but now I have problems doing it due to some back pains.
"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley

springrite

Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Bogey

An early morning jog.  I am about to add a Wii Fit component to my work outs.  I will focus on the Yoga and the strengthening programs first.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

sospiro

For the past 15 years I've speed walked the three miles to work & three miles home five days a week. Nice countryside but soooo boring doing the same route every day so listening to opera really helps.

Must be doing some good as blood pressure/cholesterol levels are fine.

I don't run a car & the only time I'll consider getting the bus is if there's a thunder storm. Not frightened of storms (grew up in Africa) but I cross open fields & lightning would concern me.
Annie