5 (22.7%)
Banana
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

snyprrr

Ketchup= Christian

Mayo= Muslim

Banana=

oy, I'm just kidding, haha! Perhaps I watch too much TV, haha...maybe, sometimes, just sometimes, mayo is just mayo, and ketchup is just ketchup, haha.

French Fry, anyone?

Coopmv

At least Ketchup has zero cholesterol ...    ;D

Teresa

I voted Banana as a serious answer as I totally and completely hate ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.  While I do like tomatoes and eggs I hate the taste of vinegar which I think ruins the taste of both of these for me.  I eat my sandwiches dry with the meat, cheese, vegetables and bread only.  And I put salt only on my french fries.

However bananas are great alone and in hot fudge sundaes.

sospiro

Bananas

I like my food unadulterated
Annie

Brian

I can abide ketchup in most circumstances and can like it when used well.

I dislike mayonnaise always.

Besides, at the French brasserie where my family and I celebrated my birthday tonight, our waiter announced that the ketchup was courtesy "Chez Heinz," and it was a terrific laugh.

Mirror Image

Mayo has a slight edge over ketchup as I use mayo more than ketchup. Many people enjoy french fries with ketchup, I enjoy mine with mayo. When I was a kid, I saw an old travel video on Belgium and in one of the shots it showed some people outside a cafe eating french fries and dipping those fries into mayo, so I had to try this and have been eating them this way ever since. The french fry originated in Belgium by the way. :)

jhar26

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 24, 2010, 09:52:58 PM
Mayo has a slight edge over ketchup as I use mayo more than ketchup. Many people enjoy french fries with ketchup, I enjoy mine with mayo. When I was a kid, I saw an old travel video on Belgium and in one of the shots it showed some people outside a cafe eating french fries and dipping those fries into mayo, so I had to try this and have been eating them this way ever since. The french fry originated in Belgium by the way. :)
I often put both ketchup and mayonnaise on my french fries, and so much of it that you can hardly see that there are french fries underneath. The unhealthier it looks the better it tastes to me. Tartar sauce also tastes great with french fries. Belgians not only have the best french fries, they also have the best beer (and chocolate of course  :)).
Martha doesn't signal when the orchestra comes in, she's just pursing her lips.

Brian

springrite

Per personal principle I refuse to vote for anything that is habitually mispronounced by just about everybody.

Per personal principle I refuse to vote for anything with a French name (however fake or mispronounced).

That leaves banana, aroused or otherwise.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Elgarian

Quote from: jhar26 on August 25, 2010, 12:10:43 AM
I often put both ketchup and mayonnaise on my french fries, and so much of it that you can hardly see that there are french fries underneath. The unhealthier it looks the better it tastes to me.
Reading this made me oscillate between rejoicing on your behalf in your wild rapturous feeding freedom, Gaston, and anguishing because I'd love to do it myself but daren't!

I vote for Gaston's feverish feeding frenzy!

Lethevich

With ketchup bottles you must endure great physical hardship to extract the last morsels from the bottle, with mayonaise jars you can simply spoon it all out, so I vote ketchup because it's better exercise.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

jowcol

Had to be the aroused banana.  I have a thing for amorous agricultural products. 
"If it sounds good, it is good."
Duke Ellington

springrite

Quote from: jowcol on August 25, 2010, 03:49:53 PM
Had to be the aroused banana.  I have a thing for amorous agricultural products.

Your honesty is refreshing. I know many people really had that option at heart but just afraid or ashamed to say it in public. Even I came up with all kind of rationalizations to keep myself only halfway out of the closet!

Mirror Image

Quote from: jhar26 on August 25, 2010, 12:10:43 AM
I often put both ketchup and mayonnaise on my french fries, and so much of it that you can hardly see that there are french fries underneath. The unhealthier it looks the better it tastes to me. Tartar sauce also tastes great with french fries. Belgians not only have the best french fries, they also have the best beer (and chocolate of course  :) ).

I don't drink alcohol, so as far Belgium having the best beer, I'll take your word for it. As for chocolate, I don't eat much of it, since you mentioned it, you would probably know better than I would. I did try some German chocolate one time and it was quite good. I don't think I've had Belgian chocolate (yet).

Mirror Image

I change my vote to dancing banana!

springrite

Xenophanes

Ketchup is good for hot dogs--that's about it. Certainly wouldn't put it on fries.

Mayo is good for nothing much.  I can tolerate it but it just covers up the flavors in a club sandwich.

So Banana.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on August 25, 2010, 05:30:05 PM
He looks terribly aroused to me!

Okay fine, then I vote for the aroused dancing banana! :D

Ten thumbs

This goes:
Ketchup for hot food
Mayo for salads
but:
I'm a brown sauce man myself, so I vote for ketchup as royal substitute!
A day may be a destiny; for life
Lives in but little—but that little teems
With some one chance, the balance of all time:
A look—a word—and we are wholly changed.

Elgarian

Quote from: Lethe on August 25, 2010, 02:29:20 PM
With ketchup bottles you must endure great physical hardship to extract the last morsels from the bottle, with mayonaise jars you can simply spoon it all out, so I vote ketchup because it's better exercise.
I vote for this as the wittiest, most carefully reasoned, healthiest, and broadest-smile-inducing post of the week so far.