Vuvuzela concerto in B

Started by Ugh, September 14, 2010, 05:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guido

I think it's actually in E, and its a dominant pedal that, poignantly, never gets resolved.
Geologist.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Dax

Well it's in Bb for a start.

Vuvuzelas do have more than one note and more than one dynamic. Portamenti and other effects are pretty straightforward if you have experience of brass instruments - and that's before you start introducing brass mouthpieces.

Brian

Somewhere there is a video of two German woodwind players performing highlights from the Brahms Symphony No 1 in their own arrangement for vuvuzela duet. It's hysterical, both for the dry "analysis" of the "parts" of the vuvuzela and for the demonstration with Brahms.

Ugh

One of my friends, a sound designer, actually came back from the world cup in South Africa astonished with the soundscapes created by the Vuvuzelas at the stadiums. In television broadcasts, all one can hear is a never-ending static drone, much like the one in the video here, but seated inside the stadium, the experience was apparently quite another. The Vuvuzelas were tuned in different pitches, some were near, some were far away and individual players only blew a little now and then. Hence, the effect was a nice and dynamic  "spatial music" composition in surround...

"I no longer believe in concerts, the sweat of conductors, and the flying storms of virtuoso's dandruff, and am only interested in recorded music." Edgard Varese