The Little Things that P*** You Off

Started by Sid, October 01, 2010, 09:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Do share the little things that p*ss you off. Three of mine are -

1. People smoking in bus stops when I'm waiting for a bus
2. Cyclists who use the sidewalk - very dangerous
3. People who bring (loud) toddlers and babies to concerts (now this one is musical, but I'm sure you'll forgive me as it's not the music that I'm discussing).

What are yours?...

Mirror Image

Here are a few of mine and most will be about people, because people annoy more than anything. :)

1. Loud, obnoxious people.
2. People who can't think for themselves.
3. People who smoke. My Mom is excluded as she smokes, but I simply leave the room when she does.
4. Pure and utter stupidity. This can be a number of things, which I'm not going to launch into.
5. People who have children, but can't take care of them. In other words, the irresponsibility of others.
6. People who smack their food while their eating. I work with many Vietnamese people who do this on a regular basis.
7. ATM machines. Need I go on?
8. People who can't control their emotions. Being excited is fine, but sometimes this borderlines on being downright obnoxious.
9. Presumptuous people.
10. People who don't listen and can't wait to have the next word.
11. People who can't control their children/pets.
12. Hypocritical people, which mostly includes religious people.
13. People who preach to me. If I wanted to be preached to, I would go to church. It's annoying and tiresome.
14. People who don't clean up after themselves. This includes throwing garbage away.
15. Rude waiters/waitresses. Hello? This affects your tip!

Saul

Nothing gets me angry anymore..

I'm passed that already...

( No I don't expect you to believe this)   ;D

DavidW

People that stomp in a 2nd story apartment.  It sucks for those on the first floor. :)

I also don't like people that hold up a line because their card was declined but they can't stand to lose face so they pretend like it was an accident and make us wait while the card is run through twice more... seriously...

Or people that hold up the line because they only start writing a check ONLY after everything is scanned and the cashier and the rest of us are waiting.

I guess I have a problem with lines. :D

MN Dave

The sh*tty drivers that are f*cking everywhere!

CD

People whose idea of "listening to music" is playing it loud enough for the entire apartment building to hear.

DavidW

Quote from: MN Dave on October 04, 2010, 05:40:16 AM
The sh*tty drivers that are f*cking everywhere!

That is another interpretation of unsafe sex. ;)

greg

Quote from: DavidW on October 04, 2010, 05:38:38 AM
People that stomp in a 2nd story apartment.  It sucks for those on the first floor. :)
I used to live on a 3rd floor apartment building when I was a kid (the apartment complex right across the street from the entrance of Universal Studios).
Luckily, my parents told me not to annoy the people below us- going over a friend's house, though, made me feel bad for the people below them.

I also don't like people that hold up a line because their card was declined but they can't stand to lose face so they pretend like it was an accident and make us wait while the card is run through twice more... seriously...

Or people that hold up the line because they only start writing a check ONLY after everything is scanned and the cashier and the rest of us are waiting.

I guess I have a problem with lines. :D
Me, too...
hmmm what's even more fun than that is being a cashier, working by yourself and waiting for an someone to come out for an override while the line piles up while simultaneously waiting for a loader and getting two customers asking you questions you don't know or don't care about and having to call the department, but they aren't answering and you look and can't find them, where were they? They were here just a second ago... oh wait, the scan gun stopped working, okay, i have to go to another register and tell everyone to come over here... "there's a glare on this machine" "it didn't read your card"... "well it went through and asked me for my pin number. it won't charge me twice, will it?" "no, it does this all the time," I explain for the 5th time that day.  Next customer: uhhh (tries to figure out how to put in the card) "Upside down" I repeat for the 20th time that day... "they should make these all the same" I hear for the 10th time that day. "Can I see your card?" I say for the 30th time that day. I could go on forever...

mc ukrneal

People who don't know how to merge.  The correct way is to go to the end (as far as you can) and merge every other car. You don't merge 10 miles ahead and create a backup and you don't try to weasel in when it is the other side's turn. This is one of the few things that really ticks me off (well that, and sites that go down and threads that use symbols in place of characters - :).

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

MN Dave

Quote from: ukrneal on October 04, 2010, 07:20:12 AM
People who don't know how to merge.  The correct way is to go to the end (as far as you can) and merge every other car. You don't merge 10 miles ahead and create a backup and you don't try to weasel in when it is the other side's turn. This is one of the few things that really ticks me off (well that, and sites that go down and threads that use symbols in place of characters - :).

YES

DavidW

Yeah Greg, when the line piles up I am just thinking "please call someone else to man a register!"  And then it happens and it always seems like someone charges up to go into the new line, which IMO is cutting. >:(

Daverz

I keep imagining my downstairs neighbors cleaning their weaponry while staring at the ceiling with that crazed Kubrickian look in their eyes.

Satzaroo

1. People who jabber during movies at cinemas.
2. People who tell me that because I am not reborn, I'll be going to Hell.
3. Distorted music piped into stores and played through my phone while I'm put on hold.
4. Performers who make millions but have little or no talent.
5. Renters who take poor care of my condos in Hawaii.
6. My being so clumsy.
7. My wife constantly leaving dresser and cabinet drawers open.
8. Contractor whose work is shoddy.
9. Guys who wear their pants so baggy that they have to use one hand to keep them from falling down.
10. Women who wear excessive makeup.

MN Dave

When the corpses emerge from the bottom of the lake.

karlhenning

Quote from: Satzaroo on October 04, 2010, 12:21:44 PM
2. People who tell me that because I am not reborn, I'll be going to Hell.

This is more apt to excite mild pity on my part. Here are people with no better notion of life, the universe, theology, or inter-personal skills, than they might glean from a pamphlet; and yet they have the temerity to advise you on your spiritual welfare, all unaware of the pit of hubristic vice they have fallen into.

Having said that, I do not fault you at all for finding it a nuisance.

Quote4. Performers who make millions but have little or no talent.

I could be sour every day for the rest of my life, if I wished, over inequities in life which no energies of mine will change.

Bulldog

1.  Pious non-smokers who can smell the stuff a mile away and think that the slightest puff will land them in an oxygen tent.
2.  People who talk constantly on their cell phones.
3.  Extremists of all stripes.
4.  Slow drivers.
5.  Prudes.
6.  Road construction. 

DavidW

Quote from: Daverz on October 04, 2010, 12:02:01 PM
I keep imagining my downstairs neighbors cleaning their weaponry while staring at the ceiling with that crazed Kubrickian look in their eyes.

Especially when it is time to blast Bruckner at 11 on the volume setting. ;D

DavidW

Adding to your #6 Don: when road construction is finished but they leave the signs telling you to slow down anyway!

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Bulldog on October 04, 2010, 01:29:50 PM
1.  Pious non-smokers who can smell the stuff a mile away and think that the slightest puff will land them in an oxygen tent.
2.  People who talk constantly on their cell phones.
3.  Extremists of all stripes.
4.  Slow drivers.
5.  Prudes.
6.  Road construction.
On #1, you do realize that ANY second hand smoke is considered quite unhealthy for you? And why should a non-smoker be forced to suck in their smoke in the first place?
Be kind to your fellow posters!!