Pogorelich - Have they ever been released?

Started by Zhiliang, February 06, 2008, 05:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhiliang

Hi,

I was just wondering whether Pogorelich have ever recorded or whether there are other sources where i can possibily find his recording of Islamey, Rachmaninoff Sonata No. 2, Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 or Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 3?

Thanks.

Dancing Divertimentian

There's nothing commercial.

You'd have to try the underground...

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Zhiliang

Quote from: donwyn on February 06, 2008, 05:16:04 PM
There's nothing commercial.

You'd have to try the underground...

Any "maps" to the underground?  ;D

MishaK

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: Zhiliang on February 06, 2008, 06:08:23 PM
Any "maps" to the underground?  ;D

Look on the Web for some Pogorelich/pianophile "societies" or groups or some such.

This board might even come through for you but that's no certainty...

You might could try this board which is home to some knowledgeable insiders. Get in good with them and who knows...

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

sidoze

quite a lot of bootleg recordings here

http://floatingworldweb.com/plex/#-11534

the Rach sonata 2 on that site isn't anything like how he plays it now. And maybe it's because I actually attended it but I prefer the Rach PC 2 from 2003 than the two on that site.

Zhiliang

Quote from: sidoze on February 07, 2008, 01:14:06 AM
quite a lot of bootleg recordings here

http://floatingworldweb.com/plex/#-11534

the Rach sonata 2 on that site isn't anything like how he plays it now. And maybe it's because I actually attended it but I prefer the Rach PC 2 from 2003 than the two on that site.

Dont seem to be able to get them to play on the website, do you have any trouble of that sort? How is his Rach Sonata No. 2 now?

Thanks and really appreciate that.

sidoze

Quote from: Zhiliang on February 07, 2008, 07:49:46 AM
Dont seem to be able to get them to play on the website, do you have any trouble of that sort? How is his Rach Sonata No. 2 now?

Thanks and really appreciate that.

Click on the div-SHARE icon on the right of each row, then when the new page opens, look on the right side and click 'Download original'.

You'll probably be able to infer how he plays it now by listening to how he plays other works there (from about 2002 onwards -- Islamey excepted).

By the way, have you noticed who's in my avatar?

Drasko

Quote from: sidoze on February 07, 2008, 09:33:04 AM
Click on the div-SHARE icon on the right of each row, then when the new page opens, look on the right side and click 'Download original'.

Or he can skip floatingweb site and go directly to divshare

http://www.divshare.com/download/2298961-0f0

Click on the piece you want and then 'Download original'

Quote from: sidoze on February 07, 2008, 09:33:04 AM
By the way, have you noticed who's in my avatar?

Maybe bit easier with the larger picture  ;D

Josquin des Prez

That can't be Pogorelich, can it? Please say it's a joke.  :-\

sidoze

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on February 07, 2008, 09:59:43 AM
That can't be Pogorelich, can it? Please say it's a joke.  :-\

He has a wicked sense of humour, if that's what you mean. I don't see the problem though. What's your point?

Drasko

Quote from: sidoze on February 07, 2008, 01:32:27 PM
He has a wicked sense of humour, if that's what you mean. I don't see the problem though. What's your point?

Yougottabekidding, you really don't see a problem?? Those pants, man - they are waay too short!!! Yeah, I know, you gonna say that ¾ were in fashion these last few seasons but these are neither nor. Completely unacceptable if you ask me. He seems to have knack for short pants (see below). Oh, well, as always - what is stylistic faux pas to one person that is haute couture to another...

sidoze

Quote from: Drasko on February 07, 2008, 03:00:26 PM
Yougottabekidding, you really don't see a problem?? Those pants, man - they are waay too short!!! Yeah, I know, you gonna say that ¾ were in fashion these last few seasons but these are neither nor. Completely unacceptable if you ask me. He seems to have knack for short pants (see below). Oh, well, as always - what is stylistic faux pas to one person that is haute couture to another...

haha I don't disagree--wouldn't try this myself--but you have to take into account that he hikes them all the way up to above his bellybutton. It's funny you should mention it, because I think it was the first thing I noticed when I saw him come out of the lift a few years ago (even before the half-a-dozen gold and silver necklaces around his neck).

A few more for the hell of it. First one in Salzburg after his recital in '05

and here in Germany with Wagner's granddaughter

and just for good measure, one properly attired

Mandryka

Quote from: Zhiliang on February 06, 2008, 05:08:05 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering whether Pogorelich have ever recorded or whether there are other sources where i can possibily find his recording of Islamey, Rachmaninoff Sonata No. 2, Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 or Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 3?

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cepieLOSu24 http://www.youtube.com/v/9_lSPqoQkYE http://www.youtube.com/v/5inFXbeWUdA

I'm after something like this.

You see, I like his Symphonic Etudes. A lot. But they're inclomplete (no posthumous etudes) on the DG record. I want the posthumous etudes -- it's just not the same without them.

But I believe that he played all the etudes in concert in the US.

Does anyone have a bootleg of that?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mandryka

I've just ordered this new DVD, with some Beethoven, Scriabin and Chopin never released before

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002YOJC18/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A39ICD481JU15Y

The Sonata Op 111 is later than his one for DG -- which I think has major strengths (like the 3rd variation of the arietta) and serious weaknesses (like the lack, to my ears, of a Schnabelesque arch to the arietta). But he was very young when he recorded the DG one. I  bet that this later one will be very good.

And I can't wait to hear him in Scriabin's two Op 32s, which is one of my favourite things in "earl(ier)" Scriabin.

And I'll add that finally, after years of trying, I've begun to appreciate his Ravel Valses for the astounding interpretation of genius that it is.

An interpretation as imaginative as his Valses is so shocking at first, it would have been very hard to appreciate it in concert.

Drasko

Quote from: Mandryka on October 22, 2010, 08:11:31 AM
I've just ordered this new DVD, with some Beethoven, Scriabin and Chopin never released before
Beethoven was never released before. I have Scriabin and Chopin on Japanese DVD.

Mandryka

Quote from: Drasko on October 22, 2010, 09:16:58 AM
Beethoven was never released before. I have Scriabin and Chopin on Japanese DVD.

snyprrr

You guys are crackin me up, haha! More love!! :-*