DVD of Prokofiev's Fiery Angel?

Started by Superhorn, September 28, 2010, 01:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superhorn

Is there any one here with the DVD of Prokofiev's opera "The Fiery Abngel from the Mariinsky opera in St.Petersburg conducted by Valery Gergiev who would be willing to trade or sell it?
   Please let me know.Thanks.

Wendell_E

I've got it, but you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.   :D

As far as I know, it's never been released as a region one disc, so I had to get a region 2 (and PAL) disc from amazon.co.uk.  When my first DVD player died about a year ago, I got a region-free one specifically because I wanted that disc, and it's still the only region 2 disc in my collection.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiery-Angel-Pal-DVD/dp/B00008O87O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286634915&sr=1-1
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

Scarpia

Quote from: Wendell_E on October 09, 2010, 06:41:51 AM
I've got it, but you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.   :D

As far as I know, it's never been released as a region one disc, so I had to get a region 2 (and PAL) disc from amazon.co.uk.  When my first DVD player died about a year ago, I got a region-free one specifically because I wanted that disc, and it's still the only region 2 disc in my collection.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiery-Angel-Pal-DVD/dp/B00008O87O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286634915&sr=1-1

I have it too, also a region 2 PAL disc.  Apparently we Americans are too prudish to watch it.   ???

springrite

My copy which I am willing to send is also PAL, I think.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

listener

I remember seeing a (bootleg?) HK copy in Chinatown recently.  I'll check the coding on  my (HK also) copy and get back to you if you're still interested.    There are English subtitles, 2-disc set.
---update    it's a PAL edition.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."