Berhard/Bernhard E. Müller (1825-1895)

Started by wobgob, October 11, 2010, 01:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobgob

Hi there,

I am looking for any information on the composer Berhard E. Müller (sometimes shown on the internet as Bernhard). He wrote studies and technical exercises for horn, amongst other instruments. In my copy of "34 Studies, op. 64, volume 1" for horn all I can find out is his name and birth/death dates. The internet has proven quite disappointing and it seems to be quite a common name, making my search for knowledge far more difficult. Does anyone know anything else about him? From his name I would assume he is German, but even that could be wrong. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

SonicMan46

Hi Wobgob - welcome to the GMG Forum -  :D

First, I've never heard of this composer, and in checking my two one-volume musical dictionaries, he is not listed.

Second, as you did, a 'google search' brought up a few links to him but not much regarding a biography.

Lastly, the multi-volume Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians - description HERE - might be an option?  However, this is an expensive set and even their 'online' service is costly - you might want to try a local library that may have a copy of this massive work or even an online subscription - good luck in your search!   :-\