Main Menu

Started by toucan, October 13, 2010, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toucan

.

MN Dave

Yes, I'm glad all this worked out for them. Someone actually managed not to screw something up.

Brahmsian

It is a miracle.  Great to see them be reunited with friends and family.

I can't imagine if you are the last one to come up!  :o

bhodges

It's an amazing story.  I was up late last night watching the rescue live--very, very moving.

--Bruce

MN Dave

Quote from: ChamberNut on October 13, 2010, 12:02:34 PM
I can't imagine if you are the last one to come up!  :o

I heard they all fought to be the last one, wanting their brothers to be able to go up first.

Josquin des Prez

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: MN Dave on October 13, 2010, 12:13:29 PM
I heard they all fought to be the last one, wanting their brothers to be able to go up first.

That has happened on GMG too... that's how Bruce and I became mods, in fact... :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Gabriel

I was in Rome when the rescue team made contact with the miners... and these news were told to me, by coincidence, by two Chilean nuns that are living in that city. Right now I'm back in Santiago, and the country has been certainly overwhelmed with this beautiful and moving experience. I wish all the best to each of the miners, as well as to everybody who took part in this impressive operation.

Scarpia

And don't forget the US company that drilled the rescue hole!   ;D

(poco) Sforzando

It really was an amazing technological feat, considering all that could have gone wrong. One of those small miracles of excellent planning, intelligence, and execution - reminds me a bit of Captain Sully setting down that plane over the Hudson.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."