Pedro Vilarroig?

Started by monafam, October 15, 2010, 05:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monafam

Pedro Vilarroig's name was mentioned on another site that I frequent as a modern composer who writes in a more tonal, "romantic" style.   I don't know much about him, but there were some relatively inexpensive symphonies of his on Amazon, of which I purchased the first 3.

Is anyone familiar with this composer?  I saw a write-up on wiki.

Also, does anyone know if (and this is essentially my "burning question") if the "performers" -- "Orquesta Sinfonica Cybernia" -- is something electronic/synthesized rather than something with an actual orchestra? 

It sounded somewhat synthesized, and I didn't know if 1) it was, and 2) if this is how the composer wrote it. 

Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated.

Popov

Quote from: monafam on October 15, 2010, 05:12:47 PMAlso, does anyone know if (and this is essentially my "burning question") if the "performers" -- "Orquesta Sinfonica Cybernia" -- is something electronic/synthesized rather than something with an actual orchestra? 

It sounded somewhat synthesized, and I didn't know if 1) it was, and 2) if this is how the composer wrote it. 

Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated.

How interesting. I don't know, it's the first time I hear of this Cybernia Symphony, but from the name and the fact that no results appear apart from pages selling these CDs and the label is called "Pedro Vilarroig Arqués" it well might be a synthesized "orchestra".

If you want to listen something of him by a "real" orchestra here is his (IMHO) uncharmingly dull and derivative Piano Concerto: http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20090726/conciertos/551086.shtml

monafam

Quote from: Popov on October 18, 2010, 06:19:08 AM
How interesting. I don't know, it's the first time I hear of this Cybernia Symphony, but from the name and the fact that no results appear apart from pages selling these CDs and the label is called "Pedro Vilarroig Arqués" it well might be a synthesized "orchestra".

If you want to listen something of him by a "real" orchestra here is his (IMHO) uncharmingly dull and derivative Piano Concerto: http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20090726/conciertos/551086.shtml

Thanks for the reply!  I was growing a little frustrated by the lack of much on my searches, but I think you are right.  It's a little disappointing, because I don't know that I would have purchased them had I know it wasn't a real orchestra (that I can tell).

Thanks again!