The football (soccer) thread

Started by Peregrine, October 24, 2007, 02:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iota

Quote from: Holden on March 18, 2024, 03:07:49 PMI stayed in Finsbury Park in 2019 - definitely Gooner territory but down the road at the Plimsoll pub in St Thomas' Rd you could see both Arsenal and Spurs supporters debating the merits of their teams.

I knew two brothers, avid Tottenham fans who would virtually salivate at the mention of any Arsenal misfortune, who lived a stone's throw from that pub. It's true that though the rivalry might be intense, it was generally amicable what I saw of it. The best kind ..

Iota

Quote from: springrite on March 18, 2024, 10:16:06 PMIndeed!
But one of my best friends among football fans is a Spurs' fan. It's a shame that I did not know him through all the years of Arsenal dominance. We met only after Arsene left and the start of Tottenham having better seasons than the gunners for several years in a row. It's about time that Arsenal regain the upper hand!

Such a thoughtful manager Wenger, I liked him. The best I think I've ever seen Arsenal was when Thierry Henry/Bergkamp were hitting their respective stellar peaks, some seriously wondrous football going on then! But I was only ever a very casual football fan, and even more so now, so know nothing really.