Only the New (art)

Started by Philoctetes, November 13, 2010, 07:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotted Horses

Quote from: philoctetes on April 16, 2021, 10:15:12 PM
Carolyn Lazard

Ahh, returned ten years later, without the capital 'P'?
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Todd

A shot I took seven years ago of Nathan Vincent's Let's Play War at the Bellevue Arts Museum.  I didn't have a wide angle lens sufficient to encompass the whole work, so I took a narrower shot.  Dim lighting also didn't help.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

rhomboid

Gabriel Kuri. Untitled.

rhomboid

QuoteVery nice, reminds me of Bobby Puleo's (famous skateboarder) art project: https://www.instagram.com/gutter_gallery/
Suggestive works, didn't know this artist

MusicTurner

Quote from: rhomboid on June 06, 2022, 03:39:42 PM
Gabriel Kuri. Untitled.

A single, similar one went for $ 20,000 recently.

rhomboid

philoctetes, going to verify out those authors.

Leo K.

AI generated sculpture of my own.

MusicTurner

rhomboid

Quote from: MusicTurner on June 07, 2022, 09:13:40 AM
A single, similar one went for $ 20,000 recently.
Oh, remarkable for that kind   ;D

Orozco skull 1997 vs. Hirst skull 2007

hopefullytrusting

Came across this artist as they had an exhibition at the Elmhurst Art Museum (https://elmhurstartmuseum.org/exhibitions/circling-the-square)

Artist: Cynthia Lee )https://www.cynthiajlee.com/home)

Piece: Rear View Mirror (hopefully, this isn't too big)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Leo K. on June 13, 2022, 10:48:53 AM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

AI generated sculpture of my own.
Have you thought of actually building one of those?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

pjme

hopefullytrusting

Artist: Dan Drehobl
(He used to be a pro skateboarder, and interestingly enough he is part of a group of retired skateboarders who became professional carvers - in more ways than one - ;-P.)

https://drehoblwoodworking.bigcartel.com/

Piece: El Guapo Deluxe End Grain Cutting Board 

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on July 27, 2023, 11:23:29 AMArtist: Dan Drehobl
(He used to be a pro skateboarder, and interestingly enough he is part of a group of retired skateboarders who became professional carvers - in more ways than one - ;-P.)

https://drehoblwoodworking.bigcartel.com/

Piece: El Guapo Deluxe End Grain Cutting Board 

Beautiful workmanship!  Do you own any of his work?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

hopefullytrusting

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 29, 2023, 01:18:51 AMBeautiful workmanship!  Do you own any of his work?

PD

Not yet, but I will by the end of this ear. I sort of need a place to put it, which means I need to be a bit more of an adult than I actually am, but I am heading in that direction. There are a few skateboarders I want to purchase from - all word workers, as well - so many wonderful pieces. :-)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on July 29, 2023, 11:31:06 AMNot yet, but I will by the end of this ear. I sort of need a place to put it, which means I need to be a bit more of an adult than I actually am, but I am heading in that direction. There are a few skateboarders I want to purchase from - all word workers, as well - so many wonderful pieces. :-)
Kitchen or possibly dining room would be the normal/usual spots.  :)  It is meant to be used though--do you cook?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

hopefullytrusting

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 30, 2023, 02:25:16 AMKitchen or possibly dining room would be the normal/usual spots.  :)  It is meant to be used though--do you cook?

PD

Yes, I would be using it - while it is beautiful, it is also practical. I am learning how to cook - part of becoming an "adult". ;-P

hopefullytrusting

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on July 30, 2023, 11:31:21 AMYes, I would be using it - while it is beautiful, it is also practical. I am learning how to cook - part of becoming an "adult". ;-P

And purchased.

Artist: Monika Morito
https://www.monikamorito.com/

Piece: Paper Work

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: hopefullytrusting on July 30, 2023, 11:31:21 AMYes, I would be using it - while it is beautiful, it is also practical. I am learning how to cook - part of becoming an "adult". ;-P
So, how are your cooking skills coming along?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter