Dodecaphonic survey

Started by accmacmus, June 05, 2020, 04:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

accmacmus

Since the server crash ate it, I am taking the liberty of posting it again.

Lately I developed an interest in twelve-tone music. Soon it will be almost century since the first dodecaphonic pieces were written. I want to investigate what, after 100 years, classical music listeners think of twelve-tone techinque and how they enjoy it.
But I need your help! Please take the:

Dodecaphonic Survey

It should take you less than 3 minutes to complete it, and once I have the data I promise to publish a small report with the relevant statistics/graphs.
May gmg servers run smooth and non-heated!

some guy

I can make a prediction right now, before your report:

The people who listen to twelve-tone music will report as liking it. The people who don't listen to it will report as not liking it.

The level of passionate rejection will be inversely proportional to the amount of actual knowledge and experience of it.

Your report will show none of that because you don't have any mechanism for distinguishing between experienced and inexperienced listeners.

some guy

Before I make a completely futile response, I should probably make my own poll: Is inexperience with twelve-tone music at all equivalent to inexperience with music generally? (Or even with inexperience with "good" or "classical" or "art" music, I suppose I have to add.)

Also, perhaps I should find out if people are able to distinguish between "people" and "person." (Or even between "people" and "Florestan," I suppose.)

When I get those results, I will of course let you know....