Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

An All-Latin American Night:

Nobre: Convergencias
Caturia: Tres danzas cubanas

-Intermission-

Ginastera: Estancia (complete ballet)

Luis Gaeta - bass-baritone/narrator
Myself conducting the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional (National Symphony Orchestra of Mexico)

madaboutmahler

Debussy Nocturnes
Britten Violin Concerto
interval
Mahler Symphony no.7

San Francisco Orchestra/Daniel Hogan
Scarlet O'Shea violin

Scarlet is an incredibly talented young violinist friend of mine who I admire very very much... in fact, I am going to be writing a violin sonata dedicated to her! In the future, she shall definitely be someone I would want to work with, we are certainly working well together at the moment playing duets together! :)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

J.Z. Herrenberg

Brahms, Tragische Ouvertüre
Brian, Elegy

Interval

Bruckner, Symphony No. 9

Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, with maestro Herrenberg at the helm  ;D

(ambulances outside)
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

madaboutmahler

Quote from: madaboutmahler on February 06, 2012, 12:36:20 PM
Debussy Nocturnes
Britten Violin Concerto
interval
Mahler Symphony no.7

Scarlet O'Shea violin

Scarlet is an incredibly talented young violinist friend of mine who I admire very very much... in fact, I am going to be writing a violin sonata dedicated to her! In the future, she shall definitely be someone I would want to work with, we are certainly working well together at the moment playing duets together! :)

The SFO loved us both so much that we were instantly invited back!  :o  :)

And they commissioned a concerto for the concert as well... I wonder who I'll write it for.... (no surprises!)
Ravel La Valse
Hogan Violin Concerto (world premiere)
interval
Prokofiev Selections from Romeo and Juliet

Scarlet O'Shea, violin.

:)

Hopefully one day!  :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Mirror Image

All Shostakovich night:

Festive Overture
The Bolt (ballet suite)

-Intermission-

Symphony No. 11 "The Year 1905"

Encore:

Jazz Suite No. 1

Myself conducting Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on February 06, 2012, 01:14:06 PM
Hogan Violin Concerto (world premiere)

Are you planning to write a Violin Concerto? That's amazing! I would certainly attend this premiere ;)

Another german-austrian programme:

Mahler Symphony No.6
Haydn "Farewell" Symphony, Finale
Interval
Beethoven Piano Concerto No.5

Wiener Philharmoniker

Me at the piano for the Emperor Concerto as well ;D

"You cannot expect the Form before the Idea, for they will come into being together." - Arnold Schönberg

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on February 07, 2012, 03:14:15 AM

Mahler Symphony No.6
Interval

Wiener Philharmoniker

As I mentioned the Wiener Philharmoniker, I would also like to conduct the orchestra at the Neujahrskonzert ;D
"You cannot expect the Form before the Idea, for they will come into being together." - Arnold Schönberg

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on February 07, 2012, 03:14:15 AM
Are you planning to write a Violin Concerto? That's amazing! I would certainly attend this premiere ;)

Mahler Symphony No.6
Interval

Wiener Philharmoniker

I would love to! Especially if I get to conduct the premiere myself with the amazing Scarlet as soloist! :)

Wonderful programme, Ilaria! I'd definitely want to see it! Interesting you put Mahler 6 in the first half of the programme! :)

GREAT NEWS! The San Francisco Orchestra loved the last two concerts so much that I have been invited to be principal guest conductor!!!! :)

I get to conduct three concerts in the season, and they are:

Taneyev Oresteia Overture
Bortkiewicz Piano Concerto no.1 (Stephen Hough, piano)
interval
Tchaikovsky Symphony no.6

Vaughan Williams Tallis Fantasia
Delius Violin Concerto (Scarlet O'Shea, violin :) )
interval
Elgar Symphony no.2

Hogan new work (world premiere)
interval
Mahler Symphony no.6

I have also taken over from Vladimir Jurowski as principal of the London Philharmonic.

0:)

I love this thread.... allows me to post my dreams for the future! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on February 07, 2012, 09:28:35 AM
I would love to! Especially if I get to conduct the premiere myself with the amazing Scarlet as soloist! :)

Wonderful programme, Ilaria! I'd definitely want to see it! Interesting you put Mahler 6 in the first half of the programme! :)

GREAT NEWS! The San Francisco Orchestra loved the last two concerts so much that I have been invited to be principal guest conductor!!!! :)

I get to conduct three concerts in the season, and they are:

Taneyev Oresteia Overture
Bortkiewicz Piano Concerto no.1 (Stephen Hough, piano)
interval
Tchaikovsky Symphony no.6

Vaughan Williams Tallis Fantasia
Delius Violin Concerto (Scarlet O'Shea, violin :) )
interval
Elgar Symphony no.2

Hogan new work (world premiere)
interval
Mahler Symphony no.6

I have also taken over from Vladimir Jurowski as principal of the London Philharmonic.

0:)

I love this thread.... allows me to post my dreams for the future! :)

;D
Thank you Daniel, yours are amazing too, I would surely want to see them! Interesting that you chose the SFO, and not the Berliner Philharmoniker; anyway that one is an excellent orchestra as well. ;)

Agreed, this thread is so amusing, I really enjoy it!

Introduction
Hogan Seascapes, piano transcription (my own transcription to be clear)

Siibelius Finlandia
Josef Strauss Sphären-Klänge
Interval
Smetana Die Moldau
Mahler Symphony No.1 "Titan"

Wiener Philharmoniker

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on February 07, 2012, 10:00:58 AM
;D
Thank you Daniel, yours are amazing too, I would surely want to see them! Interesting that you chose the SFO, and not the Berliner Philharmoniker; anyway that one is an excellent orchestra as well. ;)

Agreed, this thread is so amusing, I really enjoy it!

Introduction
Hogan Seascapes, piano transcription (my own transcription to be clear)

Siibelius Finlandia
Josef Strauss Sphären-Klänge
Interval
Smetana Die Moldau
Mahler Symphony No.1 "Titan"

Wiener Philharmoniker

Thank you, Ilaria! I'm going to leave it a bit until I allow myself to conduct the Berliner Philharmoniker ;) At the moment, my most frequently visited orchestras to conduct are the London Philharmonic, San Francisco Orchestra and CBSO. I have debuts with the Royal Concertgebouw, Philharmonia and Vienna Philharmonic later in the current season. :D

How kind of you to programme one of my pieces in your concert with the Vienna Philharmonic! A piano transcription of Seascapes certainly would be very very interesting! Wonderful concert again! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on February 07, 2012, 10:16:23 AM
Thank you, Ilaria! I'm going to leave it a bit until I allow myself to conduct the Berliner Philharmoniker ;) At the moment, my most frequently visited orchestras to conduct are the London Philharmonic, San Francisco Orchestra and CBSO. I have debuts with the Royal Concertgebouw, Philharmonia and Vienna Philharmonic later in the current season. :D

How kind of you to programme one of my pieces in your concert with the Vienna Philharmonic! A piano transcription of Seascapes certainly would be very very interesting! Wonderful concert again! :)

Haha, I hope you will really be able to conduct all those orchestras one day! :)

My pleasure ;D I may try to write a piano transcription of "Seascapes" in future, I like that work very much. Franz Liszt made the piano arrangements of many pieces, it would be great to do the same with one of yours. :)

Well, being a member of the Wiener Philharmoniker would have certainly been my dream if I had seriously devoted myself to music...and if I had chosen an orchestral instrument. :)

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on February 07, 2012, 10:50:18 AM
Haha, I hope you will really be able to conduct all those orchestras one day! :)

My pleasure ;D I may try to write a piano transcription of "Seascapes" in future, I like that work very much. Franz Liszt made the piano arrangements of many pieces, it would be great to do the same with one of yours. :)

Well, being a member of the Wiener Philharmoniker would have certainly been my dream if I had seriously devoted myself to music...and if I had chosen an orchestral instrument. :)

Thank you, Ilaria! I really hope so too - it is my passionate ambition!

Thank you, glad you like it! I would certainly be interested to see how Seascapes would work for piano...

What orchestral instrument would you have chosen, Ilaria? You can still start now, I'm sure you'd be great! And you could still be in the Wiener Philharmoniker, as a pianist/celesta! :)

Debut with the Vienna Philharmonic later in the season:

Mendelssohn A Midsummer's Night Dream Overture
Schumann Piano Concerto (Ilaria Peruzzo, piano)
interval
Schubert Symphony no.9

also, debut with the Philharmonia

Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet - selections (at least 35 minutes worth)
Shostakovich Violin Concerto no.1 (Scarlet O'Shea, violin)
interval
Stravinsky Symphony in Three Movements
Rachmaninov Symphonic Dances

:)

One day! :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Mirror Image

Another All-Shostakovich Night:

Novorossisk Chimes
Piano Concerto No. 2 (soloist: Marc-André Hamelin)

-Intermission-

Symphony No. 8 in C Minor

Myself conducting the Cologne Radio Symphony Orchestra.

madaboutmahler

Those Shostakovich concerts look great, John. I'd definitely come along! ;)

Could I expect to see you at my debut with the Philharmonia? See above :D
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Mirror Image

Quote from: madaboutmahler on February 07, 2012, 11:55:36 AM
Those Shostakovich concerts look great, John. I'd definitely come along! ;)

Could I expect to see you at my debut with the Philharmonia? See above :D

I'm glad you would come see my Shostakovich concerts. The whole month of October would be dedicated to nothing but me touring around Europe conducting different orchestras in Shostakovich programs. Yes, I would come to your Philharmonia concert. Should be a good one! ;) :D

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 07, 2012, 12:21:48 PM
I'm glad you would come see my Shostakovich concerts. The whole month of October would be dedicated to nothing but me touring around Europe conducting different orchestras in Shostakovich programs. Yes, I would come to your Philharmonia concert. Should be a good one! ;) :D

haha :D Thank you, John. :)
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Mirror Image

All-Shostakovich Night Part 3: England

October
Symphony No. 2 in B Major

-Intermission-

Symphony No. 7 "Leningrad"

Myself conducting the BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: madaboutmahler on February 07, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
Thank you, Ilaria! I really hope so too - it is my passionate ambition!

Thank you, glad you like it! I would certainly be interested to see how Seascapes would work for piano...

What orchestral instrument would you have chosen, Ilaria? You can still start now, I'm sure you'd be great! And you could still be in the Wiener Philharmoniker, as a pianist/celesta! :)

Debut with the Vienna Philharmonic later in the season:

Mendelssohn A Midsummer's Night Dream Overture
Schumann Piano Concerto (Ilaria Peruzzo, piano)
interval
Schubert Symphony no.9

Let me think.....maybe I would have chosen the violin, either the flute or the oboe since I played the recorder at the middle school; anyway thank you for the encouragement, for now I prefer to become proficient at the piano. :)
Haha, you're very kind, thanks so much, it would be certainly wonderful; I might be like Borodin: chemist on morning and musician at night.

Thanks for including me as pianist in your programme! ;) Wiener Philharmoniker or not, I hope it will happen one day, playing in one of your concert would be absolutely great!
QuoteAll-Shostakovich Night Part 3: England

October
Symphony No. 2 in B Major

-Intermission-

Symphony No. 7 "Leningrad"

Myself conducting the BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus

What an excellent concert John!

techniquest

Following from my last concert (which was panned by the critics, but loved by the sell-out crowd  :P ), I present the completely Over-The-Top ultra-concert (one night only)!

Malcolm Arnold - A Grand, Grand Overture
Paoul Ruders - Concerto in Pieces

Interval 1

Khachaturian - Symphony No.3
Prokofiev - Seven, They Are Seven

Interval 2 (to re-set the stage)

Arvo Part - Credo
Jon Leifs - Hekla

BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus; BBC Concert Orchestra; Rick Wakeman (organ); Joe McElderry (tenor); volunteers from the audience on hoovers and rifles.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on February 07, 2012, 01:28:03 PM
What an excellent concert John!

Thanks, Ilaria! I've enjoyed reading your concerts too. :D