Announcements > GMG News

We're back

(1/7) > >>

Dungeon Master:
I'm on the roof of my house as I type this, with flood waters lapping at my precious iMac - so I hope you appreciate this....

I have restored the forum, and upgraded to SMF 2.0 RC4, the most recent version of the forum software.

Hopefully this means that the recent glitches have been ironed out. Logging-in and logging-out should no longer be a problem. The Fatal Error screen for those members who were caught logged out is now a thing of the past. All that remains to repair is a few image icons.

It seems that there was an attempt to hack into the forum by someone using malicious code in an attachment. Nasty and sneaky.

For now, I have disabled the uploading of new attachments by regular members. Subscribers continue to have attachment uploading privileges. Until some way is found of securing attachments, this situation will be unchanged.

Those of you who wish to post pictures on their posts can still do so by using the "Insert Image" tag in the posting page, or for Amazon CD/book covers, by using the "Amazon ASIN" tag. (See here how to use).

Otherwise, apologies for the downtime, but we now have again a robust forum.

As usual, please post bugs or concerns in the "Report Bugs" thread.

cheers, with flippers and snorkels
Rob

Brian:
Thanks Rob, but really, best of luck to ye. You'll be fine, you're the kind of frood who knows where his towel is.

Lethevich:
As usual, your selfless support of this forum is much appreciated!

Dungeon Master:

--- Quote from: Brian on January 12, 2011, 02:37:21 AM ---Thanks Rob, but really, best of luck to ye. You'll be fine, you're the kind of frood who knows where his towel is.

--- End quote ---

Brain the size of a planet....

;D

Wanderer:
Once again, thanks for everything, Rob!
Hope the waters will subside soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version