Announcements > GMG News

The Suggestion Box

(1/7) > >>

Dungeon Master:
Its 2 a.m. and you just can't sleep. You like GMG, but you have a great idea to make it even better, and this idea is so good, its keeping you awake. You just have to tell somebody about it!

This is the place to do it.

All suggestions will be at least read.
Some suggestions will be considered.
The occasional suggestion will be implemented.

Unfortunately limited by my modest technical skills.

cheers
Rob

springrite:
NOT a serious suggestion but, I'd love to have a penalty box like in hockey: 2 for roughing, 5 for fighting and misconduct!

Que:
Mentioned before in a discussion on pictures: a default picture size when using the "image button", that can be altered if necessary when composing a message.
I would propose a standard width of 350, so when clicking the image symbol there would appear: [img width=350 ][/img] (minus the extra space I inserted here)

Q

Opus106:

--- Quote from: Que on January 13, 2011, 11:07:05 PM ---Mentioned before in a discussion on pictures: a default picture size when using the "image button", that can be altered if necessary when composing a message.
I would propose a standard width of 350, so when clicking the image symbol there would appear:  (minus the extra space I inserted here)

Q

--- End quote ---

I just noticed* that that if an image is resized using the tags, clicking on it brings it to back to the original dimensions. So even if someone finds the text hard to read, all that the person has to do is to click on the image. Test here:
Note that if it has been resized, a pointing finger would appear when the mouse pointer is moved over the image.

* Thanks to the Bad Hair Days thread.

Dungeon Master:

--- Quote from: Que on January 13, 2011, 11:07:05 PM ---Mentioned before in a discussion on pictures: a default picture size when using the "image button", that can be altered if necessary when composing a message.
I would propose a standard width of 350, so when clicking the image symbol there would appear: [img width=350 ]http://[/img] (minus the extra space I inserted here)

Q

--- End quote ---

The forum already has a built-in system for resizing large images. Currently, I have set it at maximum 480px across and 640px high. Anything larger than that results in it being resized, but clickable for full-size. Anything smaller is no affected.

Unfortunately, a default width=400 in the img tag would result in small images (meant as icons or thumbnails) also being resized to 400 pixels - which is not what the person making the post intends.

Here is an example of what the forum currently does. A big image is displayed as 480px across - click it to see it in its full glory:

And here is what would happen to a small image with the default width=400 tag:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version