The Superbowl

Started by mahler10th, February 01, 2011, 03:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahler10th

Them Green Bay Packers!  What did I tell you all?  I knew they would make it to the Superbowl, and I fully expect them to win it, just like they did when I was in Nursery... :o

A formiddable lineup for Feb 6

Scarpia

Quote from: John on February 01, 2011, 03:46:11 PM
Them Green Bay Packers!  What did I tell you all?  I knew they would make it to the Superbowl, and I fully expect them to win it, just like they did when I was in Nursery... :o

The superbowl?  But it's February, it's not done with yet?

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: John on February 01, 2011, 03:46:11 PM

That appears to be the winners of the 1998 Bowl, eh?

Well, after having watched the playoffs, I have to say that this is going to be one of the most competitive games ever. I fancy Pittsburgh's chances rather more than Green Bay's, but I could see it going either way with the last team to have the ball ending up the winner on a last second field goal. :)
Quote from: Scarpia on February 01, 2011, 03:50:27 PM
The superbowl?  But it's February, it's not done with yet?

It has been a few years now since the Super Bowl was moved to the first Sunday in February. Just like every other sport, they want to make the season just as long as possible for those $$$. Look at baseball; if the World Serious goes 7 games, it now ends in November!  :o  Now that is a travesty!

8)
----------------
Now playing:
Manfred Huss - Haydn Sinfonietta Wien - Hob 01a 06 L'Incontro Improviso: Sinfonia in D
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

mahler10th

QuoteGurn:  That appears to be the winners of the 1998 Bowl, eh?

Oh curses, I forgot about that one, just shows you .... :o

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: John on February 01, 2011, 04:46:23 PM
QuoteGurn:  That appears to be the winners of the 1998 Bowl, eh?

Oh curses, I forgot about that one, just shows you .... :o

My wife is from Wisconsin. I am not allowed to forget things like that... :-\   :D

8)

----------------
Now playing:
Manfred Huss - Haydn Sinfonietta Wien - Hob 01a 10 Lo Speziale: Sinfonia in G

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

karlhenning

The Super Bowl? That's football, isn't it?

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 02, 2011, 05:51:45 AM
The Super Bowl? That's football, isn't it?

You need to get out more, Karl... ::)

8)

Scarpia

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on February 02, 2011, 05:59:36 AM
You need to get out more, Karl... ::)

I was under the impression that the official name is the Stuporbowl, no?

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Scarpia on February 02, 2011, 06:01:33 AM
I was under the impression that the official name is the Stuporbowl, no?

Some years it is. Depends who is playing. It won't be this year. Anyway, I don't care if I'm the only one here who enjoys it, I'll watch happily. I like American football. I like world football too. Neither one has the interest that golf has, but not much one can do about that. :)

8)

Leon

Szykneij

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on February 02, 2011, 06:54:29 AM
Some years it is. Depends who is playing. It won't be this year. Anyway, I don't care if I'm the only one here who enjoys it, I'll watch happily. I like American football. I like world football too. Neither one has the interest that golf has, but not much one can do about that. :)

8)

I'll be watching. I don't have a favorite to root for, but I'm expecting to enjoy what should be an exciting close game.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

karlhenning

I've nearly remembered the name of our team . . . was it the Matriarchs? . . . no, that cannot be quite right . . . .

Szykneij

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 02, 2011, 07:36:11 AM
I've nearly remembered the name of our team . . . was it the Matriarchs? . . . no, that cannot be quite right . . . .

Karl said what!!!
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Scarpia

I believe it is the Scoundrels. 

Gurn Blanston

No, that's what I call them though.  >:D

8)

Szykneij

mahler10th

Superbowl 45.  It is live on BBC1 in the UK.
Now I will watch the Steelers get packed the hell back to Pittsburgh.   8)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: John on February 06, 2011, 02:18:47 PM
Superbowl 45.  It is live on BBC1 in the UK.
Now I will watch the Steelers get packed the hell back to Pittsburgh.   8)

Early times yet (halftime to be precise) but the Packers are looking good. A couple of critical injuries though could make the 2nd half look a lot different. Good game so far... :)

8)

----------------
Now playing:
The Ames Quartet - Fauré Op 045 Quartet #2 in g for Piano & Strings 3rd mvmt - Adagio non troppo

Mirror Image

I've never understood the American fascination with sports. They put more stock into this low-brow form of entrainment than they do the arts. Sometimes I feel completely at odds with other Americans and not just about something as trivial as sports, but life in general.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 06, 2011, 04:39:42 PM
I've never understood the American fascination with sports. They put more stock into this low-brow form of entrainment than they do the arts. Sometimes I feel completely at odds with other Americans and not just about something as trivial as sports, but life in general.

You probably are. :)

8)