Some Upcoming New Met Productions For The Next Few Seasons

Started by Superhorn, February 02, 2011, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superhorn

Brad Wilber has released a list of upcoming Met repertoire for the next few seasons, and here's partial list
   of new productions . There will be the same old Bohemes,Traviatas, Carmens and Rigolettos, but some
   really interesting stuff like a new Prince Igor conducted by Gergiev,
   "The Tempest" by Thomas Ades with Simon Keenlyside and the composer conducting(I've just heard the live EMI recording and it's definitely worth hearing), the Donizetti Elisabethan operas Anna Bolena and Maria Stuarda,
  a pastiche of music by Handel and Vivaldi called "The Enchanted Isle" conducted by baroque maven William
  Christie, the completion of the controversial LePage Ring, a new Manon with Netrebko,
  a much-needed new Falstaff ,since the old production is nearly 50 years old, a new Bartred Bride,
  the world premiere of a Met comission by Nico Muhly called "Two Boys", Rossini's La Donna Del lago,
   and another Met comission by Argentinian composer Osvaldo Goljov called "A Brief History of Time,"based on the book by Stephen Hawking.
    Plus a revival of Francesca Da Rimini by Riccardo Zandonai and revivals of The Nose ,
    Le Comte Ory ,Les Troyens, and Die Frau ohne Schatten.
    Maazel is scheduled to return to the Met to conduct Don Carlo.
       There's a lot to look forward to.

knight66

You are right, a lot indeed. The Two Boys seems to be a joint commission with English National Opera. I listened to the live relay of Simon Boccanegra last night, good to hear Hvrostrovsky in sush great form and the legato still intact.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.