The Music Room > Composer Discussion

de Falla Station

<< < (13/14) > >>

hvbias:

--- Quote from: vandermolen on March 03, 2020, 05:34:52 AM ---I'm sure you'll enjoy that work. It has a poetic and rather magical atmosphere.  I like this recording:

--- End quote ---

Finished listening to El sombrero de tres picos from Juanjo Mena, I found it a bit too slack. I might have Ansermet too ingrained in me.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: hvbias on December 15, 2021, 12:25:28 PM ---Finished listening to El sombrero de tres picos from Juanjo Mena, I found it a bit too slack. I might have Ansermet too ingrained in me.

--- End quote ---

Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos on EMI was the performance I "cut my teeth" with so to speak. I'd imagine the Mena is too slack since he's not too terribly convincing in several of the performances I've heard from him.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on December 15, 2021, 12:27:32 PM ---Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos on EMI was the performance I "cut my teeth" with so to speak.

--- End quote ---

+1. Picturesque.
The Markevitch recording sounds great, but it is not complete.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on December 15, 2021, 03:18:40 PM ---+1. Picturesque.
The Markevitch recording sounds great, but it is not complete.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, the Markevitch recording is fantastic. It's not complete? Are you sure?

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:
I am traveling in mountains and jungle now, but the Philips album on my iPod has only 2 tracks of 3 picos. The performance is phenomenal though. Were it complete, it would have been formidable.

Let me know what you got.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version