The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Downloadable scores

<< < (3/5) > >>

Guido:
This is great news

J.Z. Herrenberg:
Excellent news!  :) I had only just discovered this great resource, when it had to be closed.  :(

greg:
NOw that it's 2009, they have several composers' scores in public domain- including Vaughan Williams!

Symphonien:

--- Quote from: G$ on January 15, 2009, 12:23:40 PM ---NOw that it's 2009, they have several composers' scores in public domain- including Vaughan Williams!

--- End quote ---

They should have these composers in the public domain but the site has been slow to review many files for copyright. It looks like most works published after 1923 even by composers that died more than 50 years ago are still blocked. For example, Sibelius' 6th and 7th Symphonies are still blocked even though he died more than 50 years ago which makes him PD in Canada where the site is hosted. And to name an absurd example I came across, some of Berg's works are still blocked even though he died more than 70 years ago!

I think they followed US Copyright law and to be safe haven't yet allowed anything published after 1923. But I hope they remedy this situation soon.

greg:

--- Quote from: Symphonien on January 15, 2009, 05:53:08 PM ---
I think they followed US Copyright law and to be safe haven't yet allowed anything published after 1923. But I hope they remedy this situation soon.

--- End quote ---
I'm all for that, as long as we team up first and assassinate the Universal Edition guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version