Nicolas Gombert

Started by Mandryka, March 21, 2016, 01:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on July 23, 2020, 02:21:10 AM
Bo Holten is interesting in Gombert, in the magnificats. Too many singers really, but he lets the music breath. All the others push it forward too much for me, so it becomes more virtuoso polyphony than expressive.

I agree, Bo Holten is a force to reckon whit, perhaps too many singers, love this album.Have a good day sir.

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on July 23, 2020, 02:21:10 AM
Bo Holten is interesting in Gombert, in the magnificats. Too many singers really, but he lets the music breathe. All the others push it forward too much for me, so it becomes more virtuoso polyphony than expressive.

Cher ami, Dear Mandryka, j'ai découvert un album de Gombert fabueux.
Il sagit la de la messe - Quam es pulchra de l'Ensemble Vox Lucens,, vieller écouter sa quelle album fantastique.

Carlo Gesualdo

I'm listening to Gombert Motets vol.3 Beauty Farm, my jugement will be partial since it's streaming and my cd player in Flac.media, that is thee actual  double album on FRA Bernardo Label, whit there brend , there flavor of theis master of polyphony, all does...

I'm not, messing around on a pointless statement but In Illo Tempore is good yet my absolute Gombert Album is still Gombert a la Coronation surreal version of work.

I'm affirmative also on Vox Lucens , Quam Pulchra Es Missa is fairly said very good, yet The Sound and the Fury Imortalize it, whit such vigeur and grandeur, expressionism, mannerism, melancolia all blend in, make this album perhaps the best whit the Bongiovani Gombert a la  coronation.

Like I said to be more fair won't judge  streaming sound quality, since the album seem very  pleasant so far, but when I receive the double CD media the sound will  be
one step beyond better, this I can betcha.

Another thing have you heard the following LP

NON-SUCH Court of Charles V

There is one mass De Pacem and a big + Arnolt Schlick one of the first Organist in importance in Europa, Germany, only for this alone sparing the mass, Organ work is Huge and feature also the great northern-French composer Thomas Crécquillon of Bétume.

I happen to have Aléjandro Planchart Gombert Missa DE Pacem, what would be the forces majeur of this release well Capella Cordina prooven to be Genious ensemble for the time heck think  of all great name Mister eminent musicologist, We have on side B great Motets, whit Crécquillon once again and Jacob Clémens if memory accurated, so for this once again all alone you should seek and find this album.

But there is a catch pricy rare ,  mine mint Im not selling it only for 1000000, there let's be megalomaniac?