Some items some might find of interest

Started by Slezak, July 25, 2009, 04:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slezak

Hi. I noticed that some of you on this forum are more interested in chamber works. As just the tip of the iceberg, I can offer some interesting rarities...things just waiting for a collector to tell me to go ahead and restore. How about the Schubert Trout Quintet, with Franz Rupp(famed accompanist to several singers..primarily Marian Anderson) & the Stross Quartet; Beethoven Qrt. #5, Op. 18 & the Verdi quartet, with the Paganini Quartet; Brahms Piano Quintet, Op. 34, with Harold Bauer & the Flonzaley Qrt; Schumann's Piano Qrt., Op. 44, with Ossip Gabrilowitsch & the Flonzaley; rare recordings of the Arthur Fiedler Sinfonietta; Beethoven String Trio, Op. 8, with the Hindemith Trio. How about Romuald Kalsons' Violin Concerto...a terrific work. How about Artur Schnabel's songs and piano concerto, or Furtwaengler's piano concerto? Then there are a number of very rare items from the former East German Radio archives...a Lipatti concerto performance, and numerous other works. How'd you like Earl Wild's first recording, or items from the Dimitri Mitropoulos private collection?  Many goodies in my extensive holdings. My aim in going to this buy/sell area is to, hopefully, share my collection of rarities with a new generation of collectors. Unfortunately, it seems that most people are no longer interested in the great artists of the past, and are content to listen to what ever the recording companies spew out to them. In 42 years in broadcasting, I have tried to bring to listeners things that are great, but not on the beaten path. I also ran THE COLLECTOR'S VAULT recording service for 27 years, which brought me very rare performances from artists' private collections, items from archivists around the world, etc. I sell CHEAP. Hopefully, I can make a little loot here, on items of fine quality, and gain the interest of those of you who are interested in something a bit rare or unusual.  SS

violinconcerto

I just would be interested in 20th century violin concertos! The rarer the better! Anything you can offer, which is still missing in my collection?

Slezak

Violinconcerto:  Hi. I have the Latvian composer, Romualds Kalsons Con. in D minor; a rare archive recording of Georg Kulenkampf in Richard Flury's concerto; Gian Francesco Malipiero's concerto; a concerto by Nicolas Rakov, one by Jules Conus, and #1 by Szymanowski, and Dutch composers Willem Pijper, Berend Giltay, & Hans Henkemans; I also have one not quite of 20th century vintage, but a super work...the 1845 Con. in F# by Fredrik Pacius. I probably have more, but these are the ones I came across in a quick search. SS

violinconcerto

Hi! Thanks for the first search! I read your list, but must find out that I have recordings of all the mentioned works. Not exactly the same performances (I have the Kalsons with Zarins), but that is enough for me. So I would be pleased if you can search a bit deeper in your collection if you like.
I don't have a recording of the Pacius, but I really focussed just on the time between 1894 and 2006. The rest is not important to me.

Best,
Tobias
www.violinconcerto.de

Slezak

Hi again. In addition to what I mentioned, I have the East German Gerhard Rosenfeld's 1963 concerto, which is quite nice; Emil von Reznicek's concerto; (also Mendelssohn's Con. in D minor, written at age 13); works of Siegfried Wagner, Max Bruch's Con. #3 in D minor, Op. 58..not the well-known one, Eric Felsbusch, Hans Kox, Geert van Keulen, Prokofiev Con. #1, and an incredible Fleezanis perf. of the Roger Sessions concerto. Also, the Suk Fant., Op. 24...not a concerto, but an interesting work. That's about all I have that would fall into your 1894-2006 time frame.  SS

DFO

Do you have the extremely rare Carl Flesch's recording of Suk?

Slezak

DFO: I had such a recording on a private transcription years ago, but it had a crack, which got worse over time, and I finally had to get rid of it.  SS

violinconcerto

Quote from: Slezak on July 27, 2009, 07:01:40 AM
  Hi again. In addition to what I mentioned, I have the East German Gerhard Rosenfeld's 1963 concerto, which is quite nice; Emil von Reznicek's concerto; (also Mendelssohn's Con. in D minor, written at age 13); works of Siegfried Wagner, Max Bruch's Con. #3 in D minor, Op. 58..not the well-known one, Eric Felsbusch, Hans Kox, Geert van Keulen, Prokofiev Con. #1, and an incredible Fleezanis perf. of the Roger Sessions concerto. Also, the Suk Fant., Op. 24...not a concerto, but an interesting work. That's about all I have that would fall into your 1894-2006 time frame.  SS

Thanks again for checking! But I have all the mentioned works as well! Anyway thanks again!

Tobias

Eleni.Bertes

Hello, what do you have in your collection regarding Mitropoulos?

Slezak

Hi. I have a number of rarities with Mitropoulos: the American premiere of von Einem's Capriccio(1953); Chopin Concerto #1 w. Kilenyi; an interview with him from WSUI in Iowa City, which only I have...it is not known to exist; Sibelius Violin Concerto w/Heifetz(1951); Malipiero Sym. #7; Cimarosa's La Bella Greca(1954), and some other items.  SS (spcv1@netzero.net)

Jeffrey5jesus

I was in search of Schumann's Piano Qrt. from long time, can you give me some more information of this? Or should I mail you for more inquiry?

(poco) Sforzando

Do you have Hindemith's recording of Bach's Singet dem Herrn motet?
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."