Name that piece! The game

Started by DavidW, May 27, 2011, 09:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Brian on June 13, 2011, 01:09:18 PM
Honegger?

In any case, I want to jump in on the Johan birthday celebrations with a piece of my own, right answer or not.  ;D  For our esteemed friend's party I hired a troupe of dancers... only, who are they, and what are they dancing?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12672585/mysteryclip5.mp3

Thanks! I'll have a listen!

And I'll reconsider Parsifal's riddle, too, with all the new clues...
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

J.Z. Herrenberg

Is Ansermet conducting Berg?
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

DavidW

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: DavidW on June 13, 2011, 03:56:21 PM
I guess we'll never know. :-\

So much for the big celebration in my honour... Come on, Parsifal! We've had overlapping riddles before!

Brian

I'd feel more rotten, but I was a lot ruder to the people in the airport this morning.  :( :(

J.Z. Herrenberg

It seems the thread is a bit frayed. I hope Parsifal returns. But knowing the score, Parsifal usually returns only after many years to the Grail knights... :-(

Scarpia

Quote from: J. Z. Herrenberg on June 14, 2011, 09:35:29 AM
It seems the thread is a bit frayed. I hope Parsifal returns. But knowing the score, Parsifal usually returns only after many years to the Grail knights... :-(

Anyone got Klingsor's cell phone number?

Opus106

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on June 14, 2011, 09:39:01 AM
Anyone got Klingsor's cell phone number?

Incidentally, he was also a member who went away without a trace recently. :-\ Which other Wagnerian characters do we have on board?
Regards,
Navneeth

Scarpia

Quote from: Opus106 on June 14, 2011, 10:03:48 AM
Incidentally, he was also a member who went away without a trace recently. :-\ Which other Wagnerian characters do we have on board?

Kundry's behind it, clearly.   :( 

In any case, maybe they were one and the same.  Keep an eye open for Gurnemanz registering soon.

karlhenning

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on June 14, 2011, 10:05:57 AM
. . .  Keep an eye open for Gurnemanz registering soon.

No, it's Amfortas this time.

Amfortas

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 14, 2011, 11:08:59 AM
No, it's Amfortas this time.

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on June 14, 2011, 10:05:57 AM
Kundry's behind it, clearly.   :( 

In any case, maybe they were one and the same.  Keep an eye open for Gurnemanz registering soon.

I'm back, Amfortas!

The answer to my mystery music is: Manuel de Falla - Homenajes: Fanfare sobre el nombre de E.F. Arbos
''Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.'' - James Joyce (The Dead)

Scarpia

Quote from: Amfortas on June 14, 2011, 11:10:29 AM
I'm back, Amfortas!

The answer to my mystery music is: Manuel de Falla - Homenajes: Fanfare sobre el nombre de E.F. Arbos

Dude, why would you want to drag yourself around the place with an oozing wound, whining about how they took your spear away?  Gurnemanz is a much better gig!   :)

Amfortas

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on June 14, 2011, 11:27:08 AM
Dude, why would you want to drag yourself around the place with an oozing wound, whining about how they took your spear away?  Gurnemanz is a much better gig!   :)

I love to wallow in misery  :-X ....just wait till I get another chance at the mystery clip  ;D

Besides, Gurnemanz talks way too much  :-\
''Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.'' - James Joyce (The Dead)

Brian

Wow, that's not the musical language I associate with Falla at all.  :o

I'm willing to hand in the keys to my puzzle for Amfortas to get his second shot if he likes

Sergeant Rock

I'm back, Amfortas!

Oh god...we have another schizoid personality on the forum. Why, oh why, can't people stay with one name, one avatar? At least Klingsor/Parsifal/Amfortas is sticking to one theme. Let's hope he doesn't try to impersonate a Syrian lesbian next  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Amfortas

Quote from: Brian on June 14, 2011, 12:28:21 PM
Wow, that's not the musical language I associate with Falla at all.  :o

I'm willing to hand in the keys to my puzzle for Amfortas to get his second shot if he likes

True, the lively Falla fanfare is not Amfortas-like

Well, if nobody else has anything right now, I can certainly comply with a new mystery clip:

Dedicated to Sgt Rock  ;D

http://www.4shared.com/audio/P6WWPx1W/Mystery_Music_14_June.html

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

DavidW

It sounds kind of like Mahler's 10th...

Amfortas

Quote from: DavidW on June 14, 2011, 02:05:34 PM
It sounds kind of like Mahler's 10th...

Not Mahler, but in general this composer's music does have Mahler-like qualities

Opus106

Quote from: Amfortas on June 14, 2011, 02:18:36 PM
Not Mahler, but in general this composer's music does have Mahler-like qualities

(Early) Webern.
Regards,
Navneeth